Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Leveling

eliteman19
What are peoples fastest way to level up? I'm playing a bunch every day and its taking ages to gain any experience and im just wondering what others are doing to level so fast?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably grinding instead of playing through the game. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Don't worry about leveling "fast enough."
    ----
    Murray?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who purely want to level are AOE grinding.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it takes a while to level, I'm in this for the journey not the end.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. I am very happy that I don't incidentally level quickly.
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. It's nice to get lost and have fun.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, been playing my sorc since the 5 day head start, and she's still only level 14, since I have to explore every house, hill, and island (with a careful watch for slaughterfish), and open every container I pass :p
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy the slow speed, that game will keep me busy for over a year :D
  • Tipsy247
    Tipsy247
    ✭✭✭
    People! The question was what was the fastest way to level not do you like how slow it is! I swear every time I see someone post about leveling they get bombarded with players telling them to slow down and enjoy the game. Let people play how they want to.
  • sully73
    sully73
    ✭✭
    Fastest way to level is do do every quest you come across. Your levels skyrocket at least mine did
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably grinding instead of playing through the game. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Don't worry about leveling "fast enough."

Once , that is great.

Honestly , lvling my templar , which was the first char i made to lvl , was GREAT , yes there are bugs , yes there are problems , but im having fun in the end because i do like the whole AD story.

BUT that is for my templar , my first char , i can tell you , for my 3 alts im also lvling so i can test their class because i dont think i really plan to play the templar in the end , it is BORING.

After you watch the story 1/2 times , i can tell you , it just goes down hill.

Now i just turn off the sound and play hearing music while i grind lvls doing quests i already know.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on April 12, 2014 5:59AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Achromatis
    After the first couple of zones you get the feel for how the quests are laid out and how to find them easily, and you will level at a decent clip.

You also dont have to gather to level BS/Cloth/Wood if you deconstruct everything you get, and you dont have to craft gear since it falls out of the sky after the first zone. And Provisioning is easy to level anywhere, Alchemy and Enchanting dont seem to be tiered so much. So if you want to level fast, dont gather.

The only downside is to that is you wont make much gold so a horse is a ways away, but I am level 35 and have not found a horse needed. I should have enough gold to buy a 42k mount by 40 easy(skipping the 17k one), but I only bought 80 slot bags/bank and use alts for storage.

But honestly the biggest thing that will make leveling go by fast is taking your time and enjoying the story and exploration and not worrying about levels.
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    Just started my TESO adventure, game is like an online MMORPG version of Skyrim folks!
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tipsy247 wrote: »
    People! The question was what was the fastest way to level not do you like how slow it is! I swear every time I see someone post about leveling they get bombarded with players telling them to slow down and enjoy the game. Let people play how they want to.

Yes but the question is misleading. Why does someone need to level fast? As you are traveling around there are books everywhere, pick them up and read them. Mind not all of them give you increased skills but many do. No one is telling the op to play in a certain way, but this is not the atypical MMO. People are not telling the op to slow down and smell the roses out of meanness. Just like I'm telling you there are more than just levels in this game. Get off the treadmill and enjoy the stroll through park, just sayin.
  • MilonZ
    MilonZ
    Soul Shriven

Tipsy247 wrote: »

Yes but the question is misleading. Why does someone need to level fast? As you are traveling around there are books everywhere, pick them up and read them. Mind not all of them give you increased skills but many do. No one is telling the op to play in a certain way, but this is not the atypical MMO. People are not telling the op to slow down and smell the roses out of meanness. Just like I'm telling you there are more than just levels in this game. Get off the treadmill and enjoy the stroll through park, just sayin.

Personally I wish that EVERY book you read was recorded for later reading somehow. In other ES games I have stacks of books and scrolls in containers in houses just because I'm a fantasy nut and ES has such a deep well of lore.
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One problem with slow leveling is that your guild/s out level you and what you can do with them drops off. I am in three guilds and for the first week or ten days I had guild mates I could group with but as I am playing 8 alts in rotation none are past 9 yet they are 6 to 8 as I am taking all 4 classes in the AD as well as a pair in each of the other alliances along at roughly the same time before I decide which will be my main... I think it will be AD and I think by 12 or so I might have narrowed it down to perhaps 2 of the 4 but it is hard to find someone slow as I am to play with.
    Edited by Windshadow_ESO on April 12, 2014 12:57PM
  • Granite
    Granite
    Everybody plays the way they want and if rushing is the way some folks want let it be. Personally this is 2nd mmo where Im interested enough to listen/read every quest I get so I dont mind if the lvling progress takes a lot of time as long as there is those awesome quests ^^
    Edited by Granite on April 12, 2014 2:27PM
  • macdomagb16_ESO
    macdomagb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Once , that is great.

Honestly , lvling my templar , which was the first char i made to lvl , was GREAT , yes there are bugs , yes there are problems , but im having fun in the end because i do like the whole AD story.

I think there are two types of people who play this game: those who level their chars and those who play an Elder Scrolls Game. :D If you know what I mean. ;) I don't think the word "leveling" has crossed my mind since good old Diablo 2. >:)
    Check out my screenshots at Feanghan's Adventures!