The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it worth putting all crafting on one char or spread crafting on several?

gamesightb16_ESO
i noticed it uses skill points for upgrades, but im not sure if its worth having one for many or spreading it out over several characters ..
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At minimum, maximizing the crafting potential of a crafting skill (meaning you only put points into what's needed to make the highest tier items) is going to eat up 9 skill points. If you want an easier time of finding nodes in the world, you're gonna have to drop an extra 3 skill points. If you want the daily bonus materials, that's another 3 skill points. If you want to get more resources from deconstructing armor, another 3, so on and so forth for the other luxury benefits in the crafting skills.

Granted, if you are a completionist you can get something like 300 total skill points in the game, which will easily let you max out two or three crafting professions without impacting your combat abilities. When levelling, though, it's best to focus on one, maybe two if necessary for you to create your own gear while questing, so you dont use up too many points in something that doesnt improve your combat effectiveness.

Personally, I have 3 characters (one per faction). One focuses mostly on clothing, the second mostly on blacksmithing, and the third on enchanting. The bank is shared between characters so it's easy enough to move around materials and crafted items.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tuchaka
    Tuchaka
    ✭✭
    ^ thanks for this i have been wondering how much i may end up gimping my character in terms of combat by trying to max many of the passives for crafting. Let alone the limit on storage i assume is meant to keep people 'moving' items etc.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying to make my main character an ultimate crafter and level all 6 professions (with a big stress on the 3 gear crafting professions, as the research there is very time consuming). I use at least 4 other alts exclusively for storing specific items: 1 alt for runes, 1 alt for provisioning mats, 1 alt for items my main will use for research purpose and 1 alt for unique or memorable items like all those monkeys. I log each alt in the end of every playsession to take all the items they collect from the shared bank.

The only problem I ran into is gold. Since I am using all wood/ore/leather and deconstruct all trash gear, I do not have much extra gold from leveling. But it works fine for now: level 20, all professions above level 11 and have some points spent on them. I can dps or heal and have no problems in PvE. I even have 5 spare skill points which are waiting for their time (either specific battle skills or specific rank in some professions.)