Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can you have two armor set bonuses?

yogarogue
yogarogue
✭✭
QUESTION: Can you have two armor set bonuses active?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Vikova on April 5, 2014 10:17PM
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sets I've seen only require 3 pieces, and since you can wear 7 pieces of armor, you could have 2 different sets.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget sword and shield! 9 pieces of armor, so you can have 3 sets, I believe. (Or sword and sword, whereas 2h/bow/staff don't get 3 sets)
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    But can you stack 2 of the same bonuses?
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and even more to it: set comes with different pieces. What i mean is that the same set may require different items for it. For example sorcerer set: 1 i have is chest, helm and neck, but i also have seen same set with chest ring and helm.

So not only you have more options then 7 armor pieces, as sets may include jewelery too(100% sure, as said, have sorc set on my main for healing), but you can also, if a bit lucky, find set you desire, which will use pieces of equipment not used for other set.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    There are 5 piece bonuses too, but yes you can have multiple bonuses. However, many of the bonuses are more situational than flat out dps increases. (Health increase on stealth, knockback if you're under 30 percent health, etc) so they're not necessarily must haves.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    ESO talked about this in a Q&A, multiple bonuses etc, but later game you will have set bonuses that may require every piece, but would have a more unique set bonus.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    You can have 3 different armor bonuses going if you want though you are better off with 5/2.
  • Vampiresbane
    Vampiresbane
    ✭✭
    I'd take a look at this:
    http://www.oldguard2014.enjin.com/forum/m/19638716/viewthread/11600532-item-set-guide

Basically we all have access to either 11 or 12 slots that can towards a set. For instance I currently am wearing a warlock 3 piece set consisting of a ring, an amulet, and a head piece. That leaves 9 slots left I can use towards other sets if I want (2nd ring, 1h sword, shield, shoulders, gloves, belt, chest, legs, boots).

If I really wanted to go crazy, I could potentially have 4 different 3 set bonuses as long as I went S/B or dual wield. Do remember though at end game there's 4 item set bonuses and 5 item set bonuses as well. Take a look at the thread I linked and you can see the HUGE amount of choices we all have.
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    wat if i wore 2 of 5 pieces automaton would tht stack?
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    like 5,5 sets both automaton
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lunarsyed wrote: »
    like 5,5 sets both automaton

No, the same bonuses don't stack. Over 5 pieces of the same set just registers 5 pieces. You need to combo Automaton with some other set.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lunarsyed this thread is from when the game first launched, it was basically a different game then. To answer your question you cannot wear the same gear set twice and get double the effects. Do not wear 10 pieces of automaton.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azarul wrote: »
    But can you stack 2 of the same bonuses?

You can't stack the same bonuses. If you wear 2 of the same gear set, it will only register as 5 pieces. If you get, say, Major Brutality from a skill and from a potion, they won't stack. If you get Major Sorcery from a skill and you wear the Rattlecage set, the Major Sorcery won't stack. However, Major and Minor buffs of something stack.