Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Please Force Dismounting To Talk To NPCs

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
Please, don't let this game degenerate to the level games like WOW and others are at where players are jerks and park their mounts on top of NPCs while they talk to them.

It's already started in Daggerfall. :(
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least in this game E interacts with npcs and F for players, so even if there's a pack sitting on top of the npc, aim your mouse in the direction and hit E and it will generally pick it up.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this being inconsistent. Sometimes I am forced to dismount, other times not. EIther way, as Seraseth said, since the interaction keys are different I haven't had any issues not being able to click the NPC.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think their intent IS to dismount during conversations, and when getting close to doors for buildings.

Right now it is somewhat inconsistent, but I think they're on the same page as you @KerinKor , minus the emotional aspect. ;)

sarenia_signature_20140331_2_zpsf0981332.png
    Edited by Sarenia on April 5, 2014 9:12PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're pushed back a bit from npc's when you talk to them, whether mounted or not, aren't you? I haven't seen people on top of npc's, rather, arranged in a neat semicircle around them (which obviously they didn't do themselves).