Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Console players playing on pc.

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
So a while back i preordered my imperial edition for ps4, its paid off already. Then my fiance got a laptop and i had been invited to pc beta. I did not think this 300 laptop from best buy could handle eso since it sucked with guild wars 2 but it did, in fact i have set on medium/high settings running at 40fps.

Anyway last sunday i started watching streams of eso and by monday i decided i could not wait anymore and i purchased eso for pc and started playing. Im loving it. I hooked up my laptop via hdmi to my 60 inch lcd and i play with a ps4 controller that has every key mapped to it(it works incredible). I have my free 30 days and ill pay for a month and hopefully by then we will see the console versions and i can play with friends. The only problem is im falling in love with pc gaming. The options are amazing. I may have to spend a few bucks and get a decent desktop. If this 300 bestbuy laptop can run eso as good as it does i couldnt imagine what 1000 custom built desktop my friend would build could do.

Did any of you console players cave in like me and buy it on pc to pass the time? Many of my friends think im nuts for buying on both but i dont think so. I will end up spending a total of 75 dollars to play on pc for the next two months and that 75bucks is well spent. I would of ended up buying infamous second son for 65 bucks anyway but instead got eso. Its a win in my eyes. Then when i finally get my hands on the ps4 version i will be a seasoned players and kmow exaclty what i want from my build.
Edited by METALPUNKS on April 5, 2014 8:21PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I see only one reason to buy for console if you have a good PC -- controller support.

ESO, however, has excellent controller support if you use a 3rd party app like XPadder. So really, PC version is the only way to play if your PC can handle it well.

I use an XBox controller for gamplay, and swap to trackball mouse/keyboard for menus.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    good to hear dude. Also you dont need 1000 to get a decent gaming pc. you can spend half of that for something thatll run the game better than the PS4 (no doubt a 30fps judderfest)
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    I still use the controller in menus. I just spead up the cursor within menus and have all the menu keys mapped out.

It goes a little something like this.

L2 and R2 have a when held feature. So when L2 is held sqaure, x, and circle are skill 1,2,3. R2 when held is same buttons but skills 4,5 and ultimate.

R1 is attack
    L1 is block
    Hold L1 first then R1 is interupt
    Triangle is jump /r2 or L2 held its horse
    Circle is dodge
    X is synergy
    Square is weapon swap/ when held sheathe unsheathe weapon
    Touch pad is map/ when held journal
    Ps button is quest change
    Options buttons is skills/when held character screen
    Share button is inventory.
    R3 is crouch
    right analog is look
    L3 is run
    Left analog is move
    Up on d pad is quick slots
    Left dpad is interact
    Right d pad is cancel
    Down d pad is tab target

Then when L2 or R2 is held depending which one makes share, options and ps button more menu options.

Plus there are a few others i dont remember. I have cursor in there and esc and some others. It took about an hour to get use to it but now it works perfectly!!