Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Alchemy recipes?

JohnD212
JohnD212
✭✭✭
I've just started dabbling in Alchemy and am confused why there is no way of knowing what anything does. Even after I create a potion there doesn't appear to be any record of what combination made what. I started writing it down but that seems odd when you have recipes and a good resource of what you can make for other crafting professions. Am I missing something? Just curious.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you unlock an effect on an ingredient, that ingredient always shows that effect so once you've made some discoveries, you can remake them.

I personally use this

http://tamrieljournal.com/alchemy-simulator/
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome tool @Seraseth‌ , thanks for sharing. And yes, any ingredient properties that pop up as discovered when you successfully create a potion will show up in the ingredient tooltip, both in your bag and in the crafting interface.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • JohnD212
    JohnD212
    ✭✭✭
    Wow...thanks Seraseth - that is really helpful. Good to know it will just take a little more discovery. We get so lazy from some MMOs that we forget how challenging it can be sometimes. It's fun though.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    I like the fact that you have no solid recipe to buy or learn like most MMOs. On all the ES before this I got a kick out of experimenting with different things to discover what the properties were. It's just like apothecaries, shamans, and other practitioners of health way, way back in the medieval days and prior. They had to experiment and theorize to learn.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is dirt old but there are actual recipes all it takes is listing them. No need to waste on trail and error or check every combination. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_Recipes_(Online)
    Since this is the only info i can find on the web i figured I would update it.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on August 18, 2015 4:16PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohnD212 wrote: »
    Wow...thanks Seraseth - that is really helpful. Good to know it will just take a little more discovery. We get so lazy from some MMOs that we forget how challenging it can be sometimes. It's fun though.

One way to teach your self the recipes is to do the following:

1. Learn the first trait by eating (using the reagent) if you don't already know it.
    2. If you have Alchemy leveled enough, unlock the passive that allows for 3 Reagents to be used
    3. If you have not leveled alchemy enough, do so now to get that passive, it should only take about 20 to 40 potions to get that unlocked.
    4. Combine 3 Reagents that share the same effect. This will frequently unlock the other matching effects the reagent has. If you have to, just change out the third ingredient with each reagent you have if you don't know what will match up.
    5. The Dyes you unlock for Alchemy do look good on Primal and Barbaric armors. Really, they do.

Edited by Nestor on August 18, 2015 8:45PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"