The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wow, single instance dungeons are killer !! Public ones, not so much...

spinedoc
spinedoc
✭✭✭
I just finished a couple of single instance dungeons in Grahtwood. They were probably the most fun I've ever had with a solo experience in a MMO. The encounters were well thought out with unique experiences such as having a healer which healed other mobs when they were low health and called for it, that certainly made encounters much more difficult. The mini-storylines were also very well thought out and acted. I must say they are doing quite an awesome job with these, as well as the overland solo questing.

This is in stark comparison to the public dungeons, which are really just zerg fests. Going into one and seeing tons of players just running around everywhere and killing mobs almost instantly just ruins the immersion factor. The worst is when you see 10 players standing around a boss farming it, it spawns and dies immediately, and then those players just stand around for half an hour doing the same thing. Not that I care, I did it myself, it just ruins the immersion.

What I'd like to see is maybe scaling of the content depending on how many players are actually inside the dungeon. This might encourage some player cooperation instead of zerging and might make it feel like a group of people coming together to defeat a challenge, rather than just random people running around following a zerg.