Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is the sneaking in eso good at getting past mobs in game without being seen?

Davidm
Davidm
Is the sneaking in elder scrolls online good at getting past mobs in game without being seen?
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's terrible. It works better in PvP than PvE I'd say though. I imagine it will be better when the thieves or dark brotherhood guilds are implemented.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're careful ..yes.

Keep an eye on the curser, it will let you know when you're not so hidden.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »
    If you're careful ..yes.

Keep an eye on the curser, it will let you know when you're not so hidden.

Sort of like Skyrim in that regard.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it has been effective for me. Obviously more so on my Nightblade.

Shadow Barrier, Dark Veil, Master Assassin, Improved Sneak, and Stealthy are the skills that you can put points in to improve your stealth in various ways.
  • Sockmunkey
    You will never need to use it in PvE. There is no point in trying to hide as 50 people also in the dungeon race past you and kill everything.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sockmunkey wrote: »
    You will never need to use it in PvE. There is no point in trying to hide as 50 people also in the dungeon race past you and kill everything.
    I use it while questing in areas where I'm a bit low level and don't want to take on 3 mobs at once. Dungeons are packed, but the "overworld" is not.
    Even so, it's usually necessary to pop invis as well when I have to get close to a group of mobs.
  • Honn
    Honn
    ✭✭✭
    Its not too different to the sneaking in Skyrim.
    Don't forget..its called sneaking, not invisibility.
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    It's about as effective as it is in other Elder Scrolls game, don't get close, don't approach from the front.
  • AlaricRune
    Sockmunkey wrote: »

Well this is temporary. Dungeons won't always be crowded.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but do remember you do want to kill some mobs for materials and XP. Don't sneak past too much stuff.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Cutekhaos
    Cutekhaos
    ✭✭✭
    Was god mode then, they put in collision >.< but it still works in most situations.
    Edited by Cutekhaos on April 5, 2014 10:55PM