Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Test Question - Testing Unanswered Questions

slander36
slander36
✭✭✭
Seeing if it's just picking up old questions from PTS/Beta forums or something.

Also, if you have a question, please use the Question tag so we can get sorted answers in this forum from now on. Easier for people to help give you answers.

If you don't know how to create a question, there is a dropdown arrow next to New Discussion on the right side of the forum, above the quick links. Use the dropdown and select the question option. This will allow you to view your answers and select the one that successfully answered your question, similar to StackOverflow's system, but without sub-comments or ratings.

Best Answers

• Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please start using the Question system, folks. It is actually quite good.
    Answer ✓
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never posed a question and the new questions show up for me. Though I am also getting the 300+ tag that isn't factual. Also, for those wondering, if someone marks your post as the Answer you get an email notification.
    Answer ✓
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, more than one can be marked as Answer. I wasn't aware of that. I wholly approve of this thread now. :p
    Edited by Vikova on April 5, 2014 6:53PM
    Answer ✓
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know, since I haven't made any questions yet, perhaps I will now!
  • slander36
    slander36
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, looks like it worked. After posting this the post appeared in "Unanswered Posts" for me, though the number of 381 is still bogus (there were 2).

If it still shows up blank for people there may be a glitch where you have to post a question before you can see other people's questions using Unanswered Questions, though that is all speculation right now and Zeni would need to do the testing for that as I'm assuming no one has multiple fresh forum accounts to test this out with.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    where is the question tag? ..didn't see it anywhere.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • slander36
    slander36
    ✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »
    where is the question tag? ..didn't see it anywhere.

Now that people have answered my question the post appears with an [Answered] tag next to the post instead of a [Question] tag.

Because I accepted RakeWorm's answer it appears as [Answered] with a check mark next to it to show that someone has given a satisfactory answer.

• Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    slander36 wrote: »
    Now that people have answered my question the post appears with an [Answered] tag next to the post instead of a [Question] tag.

Because I accepted RakeWorm's answer it appears as [Answered] with a check mark next to it to show that someone has given a satisfactory answer.

I meant where is the tag choice when you're making the discussion in the fist place.

I just asked a question in a new thread a few minutes ago to see how it's posted as a question ..I didn't see the option.

Sanguine's Disciple

• slander36
    slander36
    ✭✭✭
    slander36 wrote: »

I meant where is the tag choice when you're making the discussion in the fist place.

I just asked a question in a new thread a few minutes ago to see how it's posted as a question ..I didn't see the option.

You have to create the post as a question.
    If you don't know how to create a question, there is a dropdown arrow next to New Discussion on the right side of the forum, above the quick links. Use the dropdown and select the question option.
    Sadly there doesn't seem to be any way to update a post after it's been created and tag it as a question.
    Edited by slander36 on April 5, 2014 7:00PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right under the search bar there is a button that says "New Discussion." To the immediate right of this is a drop down menu. It has "Ask a Question" under there.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doh!! ..guess I coulda looked there ;)
    Sanguine's Disciple