Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launch Issues

anamosa07
anamosa07
Soul Shriven
I'm trying to start the game, but every time I press play in the launcher, the game won't boot. Also, this game is a 60GB game... it only downloaded about 35GB of the game when I downloaded it.... Help?
  • InfernoRaven
    InfernoRaven
    ✭✭
    Wrong. This is not a 60GB Game. The size you have is correct the game needs to hold onto 60GB for future patches and "swap space" to run correctly the game size is about half that. You can try going into the Zenimax folder and launching directly from the .exe rather than going through the launcher.

Windows 32 Bit:
    C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe (Run as Administrator)

Windows 64 Bit:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe (Run as Administrator)
  • vengeful_batosai
    Wrong. This is not a 60GB Game. The size you have is correct the game needs to hold onto 60GB for future patches and "swap space" to run correctly the game size is about half that. You can try going into the Zenimax folder and launching directly from the .exe rather than going through the launcher.

Windows 32 Bit:
    C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe (Run as Administrator)

Windows 64 Bit:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe (Run as Administrator)

Your right that will work to get the game to run but if the installer hasn't updated the game you will not be able to log on it will just time out. Just FYI
  • InfernoRaven
    InfernoRaven
    ✭✭
    Yes but they, like me are having a problem where you hit the Play button the game won't launch and it leaves you sitting at the launcher till the play button turns blue again.
  • InfernoRaven
    InfernoRaven
    ✭✭
    Also important note, is to run Repair via Game Settings make sure you don't have any patches you didn't get, I just found out I am missing a patch so I am downloading that. This game seems to want to patch forever and never finish.
  • anamosa07
    anamosa07
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, thanks
  • anamosa07
    anamosa07
    Soul Shriven
    I'm still having problems launching the game.... any suggestions? I already tried the uninstalling and installing the game, plus repairing the game as well.
  • DeadwoodKen
    I am in the same boat, had the game since day one, and I have tried nearly ever "temp fix" I can find on the internet. Haven't been able to play yet
  • anamosa07
    anamosa07
    Soul Shriven
    I got past the launcher. Fix your User Settings by putting this in your ESO folder in your My Documents folder. My Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > live
  • DeadwoodKen
    Thanks alot! That got the game to launch, but now i just get login timeouts.
  • anamosa07
    anamosa07
    Soul Shriven
    You live on a college campus? If so, the college internet may be firewalling the game.
  • killtoy303
    New player. Can't install the game. Install_eso.exe won't run. I don't have a folder related to the game. 4 days now I tried getting this fixed. I wanna play!
  • anamosa07
    anamosa07
    Soul Shriven
    Change your UserSettings.txt file to what is listed. You'll find the file here in the comments.
  • DeadwoodKen
    No I don't live on a campus, At my house with pretty powerful internet, turned off all anti-virus, firewalls, even my internet pop up blocker..nothing. Appreciate the help though
  • anamosa07
    anamosa07
    Soul Shriven
    I fixed my launcher problems, but now I gotta deal with the login timeout error messages and error 301 message that I keep getting when trying to log into the game.
  • DeadwoodKen
    Same here, that's exactly what I am dealing with, been looking for a solution for a couple days
  • anamosa07
    anamosa07
    Soul Shriven
    Need to find a solution, and then get Zenimax to refund my 14 days that I have missed because of this problem.
  • DeadwoodKen
    I know the feeling