Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Game mechanics info, or lack of it.

dzugarueb17_ESO
dzugarueb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Can't find an answer to this questions:

1) Some sources on the internet say that skill damage scales with attribute points spent on corresponding resources. I've tested it - and this seems to be false. Skill damage scales with "Weapon damage" and "Spell damage" on char screen, "Weapon damage" is my weapon damage apparently, but what affects "Spell damage"?

This is the most important question, cause it determines if I can play roundabout templar with some stamina and some magicka, or it will be extremely weak.

2) What is Power? "Reduces target Power by 4 for 5 seconds".

3) What is the meaning of "Ravage something" on alchemy ingrediends? I can't poison my weapon like in Oblivion, it just damages me like in Morrowind.

4) Why circle-shaped runes are so rare? qq
Edited by dzugarueb17_ESO on April 5, 2014 4:08PM
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    1. Increasing stamina will increase your weapon damage slightly, which includes all weapon attacks, including destro/resto staffs (weird). More magicka will of course correlate to your magicka skills, and increase your spell damage. which should include most skills that require magicka to cast.

As a side note, there are many ways to increase magicka/stamina besides putting points into it. Infact, many people put all their attribute points into health currently, and supplement magicka and stamina through other means such as enchanting, mundus stones, and food.

2. Power is considered both weapon power, and spell power. So if you reduce their power by 4, their weapon power/damage will be reduced by 4.

3. Ravage is quite simply a negative effect on your potions that will poison yourself. I recall the devs stating somewhere that they will introduce another system to actually use these type of poisons later on, perhaps with the implementation of thieves or dark brotherhood guilds.

4. They're rare because that is the one thing required to make any glyphs, and there are only 5 total. Also keep in mind heavy bags often contain these runes, as well as the trait to increase chances of extracting them +15%. These should help you obtain quite a few.
  • dzugarueb17_ESO
    dzugarueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice answer, thanks!
  • Creaper
    Creaper
    "More magicka will of course correlate to your magicka skills, and increase your spell damage"

This is incorrect. I have been trying to figure out a way to increase my spell damage, and based on this info I respect my attributes. Raising Magicka DOES NOT increase spell damage.....
    The only way I have thus far found to increase spell power beyond the level scaling, is to get a glyph of spell power, a weapons with crit increase, or use a potion of spell power. I hate the potions, since they only raise it a few points for a few seconds.

That answer just cost me half of my gold. :(
    Edited by Creaper on April 22, 2014 11:03PM