Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Did you hear? Some stranger saved King Casimir's life

jimdove
jimdove
✭✭
I'd like to buy that hero an ale!
  • Nyxeia
    Nyxeia
    ✭✭
    Have you heard the saying, neither a borrower or a lender be?
    Morgyn
    Breton Templar (Healer/DPS)
    <The Datura Company> (RP)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a bad example of how to implement NPC banter. They are obviously on a proximity trigger for the dialog. You are within the forge area yet you continue to hear them as if you are in their shirt pocket.

The proximity needs to be reduced, or at least volume controlled in relation to distance and a directional cone trigger added.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bad example of how to implement NPC banter. They are obviously on a proximity trigger for the dialog. You are within the forge area yet you continue to hear them as if you are in their shirt pocket.

The proximity needs to be reduced, or at least volume controlled in relation to distance and a directional cone trigger added.

And not repeat lines like a parrot forever and ever and ever and ever.....
    Maybe have several topics to talk about and play one at random.
    Edited by Svann on April 5, 2014 2:28PM
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    And not repeat lines like a parrot forever and ever and ever and ever.....
    I concur, my friend. Since the beta, I have noticed several NPCs , like the Orc Banker in Stros M'Kai, with an alternate line of dialog.

Then again... maybe he always had that implemented and I just never noticed.
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    "...but pardon me. Welcome to the bank of Daggerfall."

Driving me crazy. :D
    Edited by Pretext on April 5, 2014 2:52PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what thread is about. :)

I see discussion of NPC dialogue radius. I would send in feedback with as much info as possible to address the issue. Hopefully ZOS will take heed.

sarenia_signature_20140331_2_zpsf0981332.png
    Edited by Sarenia on April 5, 2014 3:01PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cone implementation would be fantastic, though unlikely. Also, this is the question and answer forum - did you have a question?
  • jmwhalenjrub17_ESO
    I was doing the quest in Stonefalls that sends you back in time to the Nede invasion of Morrwind to witness the creation of Balreth and Sadal. As I walked by, one of the NPC's said to me "I hear you were instrumental in saving Davon's Watch from the Covenant."

The Nede invasion of Morrowind took place during the First Age. So how did the Chimer NPC know I would be instrumental in saving Davon's Watch over a thousand years in the future?
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    Also, this is the question and answer forum - did you have a question?

The main heading is labeled as a General Discussion forum, which is the Q and A locale. You cannot have a game discussion forum without one. They can label it as Q and A but in reality that is one of the elements of a GD.

If they don't want to actually tag it as such, the people will make their own.
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you insist on breaking the rules, I'll have to call the guards!
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to stab that chic in the throat! And then get drunk off of that guy that wants to buy me drinks!
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    YOU INTERFERE WITH MATTERS THAT DON'T CONCERN YOU!
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIQUID741 wrote: »
    I would like to stab that chic in the throat! And then get drunk off of that guy that wants to buy me drinks!

tumblr_m17btgU12h1r99f4t.gif
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That dog keeps following me. It probably just wants a handout.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • etupa
    etupa
    Soul Shriven
    Driving me crazy too !! and too lazy using escape/settings/audio.

So, I've made an addon to bind shortcut for mute unmute NPC !

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=235#info

Hope it helps :D
  • Riksis
    Riksis
    ✭✭
    Nyxeia wrote: »
    Yes, that one ticks me off as well :smile:

English is not my native language. Please bear with me if spelling, grammar or word choice is not correct.
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyxeia wrote: »
    lol i started using s diffrent banker just to stop hearing her say that , i wanted to punch her everytime she said that after a while. reminds me of EQ2 , some guy used to say "have you seen vandis" everytime i logged in in freeport

• Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    There's a reason there is an addon that is titled "Lender and Borrower"
    Most annoying banker ever. I need to spend some time and ferry my bank alts somewhere else because I can't stand thinking to myself, "WTF is a lender bee?! Why can't you just say it normally?!" one more time.
    Edited by Firestar_ on April 14, 2014 12:31PM
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Grendel3232
    "WTF is a lender bee?!"
    You just made me shoot water out my nose. I am glad they put a little Shakespeare in just for fun but I can see how hearing it over and over again could drive you crazy.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lender/borrower banker dialogue is only annoying to me because the voice doesn't fit the character.

It's clearly the voice of a woman in her 40s-50s with some obvious signs of aging. Hearing it come out of a fresh-faced 20 year old is really disorienting.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the banker banter gets old, as does the line about the dog.

My favorite, though, is in Khenarthi's Roost, when I walk past the two Khajiits talking about me saving some plantation or something - and one of them says, "... real five claws stuff ..."

Meow, meow. :)
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard about that but refuse to believe it.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    "Don't believe her lies." First time I head that I was standing a midst a flock of sheep. And then the female shepard started talking to me.
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    I wonder what would happen if they would enable us to actually attack NPCs like the other ES games. I think this banker and the did you hear, npcs would be *** to death as they spawn
  • jeremylthb14_ESO
    My least favorite is the NPC in Riften that constantly says "It's here!" (part of some zombie quest, I believe). You can hear that silly line everywhere in the city. They need to localize the sounds a bit more, as well as add some variety to them.
    Edited by jeremylthb14_ESO on April 15, 2014 12:16PM
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    those from the ankers you can hear from miles away as well. Like sometimes on the other side of the map. I get that they need to be loud but not that loud, sometimes they are louder then the story a quest person is telling.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jeremylthb14_ESO, @BrierTOG You should probably do a /feedback on those, as it probably is something they should look at.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.