Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Problem with trying to have a single faction Guild

Skookum
Skookum
✭✭
For PvP, faction loyalty, and RP reasons, lots of people will want to have single faction guilds. I noticed when looking though the guild roster it shows the faction of the character that was last played on the account, and not the faction of character that was invited to the guild, so even if I wanted it to look like it was a single faction I really couldn't. It is not currently possible to have a single faction guild. Is this something that bugs anyone else?
* [ The Obsidian Shield ] *

• TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    Not me. Its nice that you can see a member if there playing on a different side so when you have an event coming up you can easily get in contact with them. If it was not like this you would have to add like every one in you guild and contact them individually, Imo it would just be a pain that way.
    The King is Here!
  • Samriel
    Samriel
    ✭✭
    Skookum wrote: »
    Is this something that bugs anyone else?

Yup, I hate the idea that every character on your account is tied to every guild you join, but even more so, I hate the idea of being able to join up to five guilds at once. Seriously, who ever thought this was a good idea should be shot. This is a fantastic game, but the guild system is the worst I've seen in 12+ years of MMO's, and almost all of the problems (and lack of any decent way to fix them) is due to the multiple guilds.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I want out of a guild is the guild store. I don't care if the five guilds have different factions in them, I just want LOTS of people in each one so I can sell and buy things to/from them.

Why not just join ONE PvP guild, four Trading Guilds and mute the four trading Guild Channels. If you want to RP it, well, traitors and renegades are always common in fact and fiction.
  • Skookum
    Skookum
    ✭✭
    TuterKing wrote: »
    Not me. Its nice that you can see a member if there playing on a different side so when you have an event coming up you can easily get in contact with them. If it was not like this you would have to add like every one in you guild and contact them individually, Imo it would just be a pain that way.

I am not saying that I would prefer if they were logged in on a different character that they not be able to read the guild chat. I just think they should make it so that on the roster, It should show the information of the character invited to the guild, and not the one that was last played on. That way you would see the level and faction of the character you invited.
    * [ The Obsidian Shield ] *