Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [EXTENDED] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Housing - Are there plans?

LazerusKI
LazerusKI
✭✭✭
I just wondered about this.
We all know that the Thieves and Dark Brotherhood will come after release...

Thats why i was wondering about future player-guild plans.

Currently the guilds feel a bit...i dont know...unfinished.
No custom ranks, no trade-search, visible account names...

so...will there be some kind of a guild hall in the future? a place where you can show some trophys, sit at a round table or something like that?

I mean...dont get me wrong, the systems that the game offers, the story, quests, vampires/werewolfs...its all awesome stuff that has no comparison in other games i know. if there would be something more to do with your guild besides the chat, bank and trading...that would be totally awesome
Edited by LazerusKI on April 5, 2014 4:32PM
  • tsung
    tsung
    I would love to see a guild hall implemented somehow.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Personally , i don't really mind not having a guild hall , what i would like to see , is more customization for the guild , more ranks , more abilities that can be unlocked once you have enough members and invest in the guild store and start doing stuff with your guildies , a lvling sistem could be implemented , so that when you pvp or pve with guild members you guild also levels up and you get access to other features
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭
    Given how much guilds/alliances were advertised pre-release, I was somewhat surprised that there was so little to them. Everything is in the UI and menus really; chat, guild bank and store.

It would be nice to eventually see guild bases in several flavors: tavern, small keep, cave, lair, arcane tower, ect.

Guild quests that are more than a fetch-and-collect quest. So rather than Rift's system where you have to kill, close or collect just a larger number of things, something more interactive that requires the guild to actually get together and work on, like GW2's guild quests.

Guild crests, insignia's, that can be customized, applied to shields/armor, would be nice.

Guild versus Guild content that makes use of guild bases, i.e. invasion. Or hell, implement guild ranks, so a rank 10 guild has access to a set of Guild campaigns in Cyrodil. Major guilds could then duke it out to compete much like alliances do. That would effectively create inter-guild politics, allliances, grudges, it would be so much fun.
    That was one of the best things about Lineage 2, the inter-guild intrigue and warfare.
    Another great guild v guild system was the Territory Wars of Perfect World International, in the earlier days of it's existence. Guilds duke it out in an instanced map based off the territory it represents in order to gain control of said territory, where they get to teleport for free, xp boosts, and have several buffs.
    Edited by Aureli on April 9, 2014 10:59AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Things like guild crests and halls make little sense to me because of the multi-guild system.

If they add personal housing though, guilds can use peoples' houses as guild meeting areas.
  • Maarek
    Maarek
    I would rather have a guild hall that you can "build".

1st give guilds an instanced home - You get to pick the land (background you want for it). Do you want it in the mountains, by the coast, etc etc - Essentially, you're picking the theme of your guild - You could also just limit it to 3 choices for each faction. Because it's instanced, you take a wayshrine to it... Much like getting to Cryodiil. Then you give them a choice a guild hall models - Maybe create 1 for each race, so guilds would have 10 different cookie cutter guilds halls to build. Or even your "background" land is chosen based upon the race theme you wish to base your guild hall on.

Now to begin with, you have a flat piece of land. Then the guild goes out collecting resources and money to build it up. Collect 1000 wood, you get the main hall, collect 500 wood, and you can add a room. Essentially you continue to contribute resources to the guild hall, and the hall "grows" as you add to it.

Now then you add player housing to it - a member can then purchase a room in the guild hall - decorate it the way they want, can purchase a little chest that gives them additional storage space - It is their home, and only they have access to it. - No one will have access to go into the room or take anything without the permission of the owner, but if they are booted from the guild or leave the guild - The room stays behind, empty for it's next occupant, and their belongings from the room go into a escrow account for the player.

But that would be my ideal guild hall. A place that grows the more you put into it. One that is large enough to get lost in... One where members feel they have ownership and one they can be proud of their accomplishment...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erm... no.

That basically takes something almost all of the rp players and a lot of the tes folks want and hands it over to the guilds with the most members.

Guilds in this game dont mean what they do in other games. Youre essentially punished for not joining large guilds of numbers rather than people already.

All that idea does is encourage mass recruiting and nothing more.

I join small, personal guilds. Im on a first name basis with most of them. Theyre people, not numbers. That 500 person trade guild? Youre a number. And theyre the ones that would get housing.

If theyre going to set up guilds in this craptastic system theyd best quit attaching all of the key features to nameless, faceless zerg guilds.
  • Maarek
    Maarek
    Erm... no...

Perhaps because you are in a smaller guild you think everything should be fair or handed to you because you can't compete with the 500 member trade guild... perhaps you think this plan is like eve or sto or any other games you have rped in where you need gagillions of cash to have a home.. 1st trade guild arnt going to care about making a hall and decorating and meeting.... everyone in a trade guild is in another guild they care about... the only reason they are in a trade guild is to sell since there is no auction house... but that's another issue.

If you have played any other elder scroll game, you would know you can buy all your houses... and guess what you purchase your decorations and upgrades... I am mearly suggesting that guild halls still fallow that format... if your small guild cant afford the grand hall off the bat then maybe you could afford the camp in the woods... it would be better for RP anyways... wouldnt want a small group RPing as if they could afford to live in a grand castle in the city anyways...

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sticking it squarely in the craptastic guild system is the wrong way to go with it.

I don't care for guild hall garbage unless there's personal housing in the game.

What you're asking for is guild halls in lieu of personal housing.

F. That.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erm... no.

That basically takes something almost all of the rp players and a lot of the tes folks want and hands it over to the guilds with the most members.

Guilds in this game dont mean what they do in other games. Youre essentially punished for not joining large guilds of numbers rather than people already.

All that idea does is encourage mass recruiting and nothing more.

I join small, personal guilds. Im on a first name basis with most of them. Theyre people, not numbers. That 500 person trade guild? Youre a number. And theyre the ones that would get housing.

If theyre going to set up guilds in this craptastic system theyd best quit attaching all of the key features to nameless, faceless zerg guilds.

I'm a founding member of one of those 500 person trading guilds, and to be honest I agree, we created our guild to serve as a marketplace nothing more, i'm also part of a small personal guild populated with friends and friends of friends, I would still love to see guild housing, but maybe have the unlock based on something other than membership, maybe completing certain pve "raid" achievements or something.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On top of it, if you want to see what guild halls have done to other games, look no further than EQ2.

Cities are dead. D.E.A.D. Dead.

Why?

Why the hell would you ever visit a city when all of your writ givers, crafting tables, city vendors, guild reward vendors, broker, mailbox and bankers are in your guild's personal, private hall?

Waste of development time in putting these things into the world when no one uses them because they're all parked in their guild halls.

What's next, you're going to ask for a teleport to dungeon feature too? How about portals to each zone? EQ2's halls have those too.

I never once had to actually leave the guild hall for anything, ever, unless I was questing. Raid? Raid leader would run to the instance, drop a rally flag and we'd all talk to an NPC to be teleported there.

Broker? Have it
    Banker? Have it.
    Crafting writs? Have it
    Adventuring writs? Have it.
    Mailbox? Have it.
    Teleport to zones? Have it.
    Teleport to rally flag? Have it.
    Trophy rooms? Have it. Decorated by players.
    Harvest NPCs that gather for you? Have that.
    Dedicated crafting material storage? Have that.

Why the bloody hell would anyone ever want to leave the hall?

And that is what happens when you add guild halls to the game. People just want to segregate themselves with each other in private instances. This is the exact reason Blizzard has given as to why they won't add guild halls. This is the exact reason why I don't forsee Zenimax adding guild halls.

On top of it, With the whole multiple guild system, it just strikes me as a stupid idea. There is no sense of guild identity when you're a member of 5 guilds. Especially when four of them are trade cartels. It's ridiculous.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @eq2imora_ESO

I agree, but if the access to guild halls were inside a city or cities, and minimal stuff was there, say a banker, and a public access guild store, plus a trophy room and some rp space, would that really be so bad? Granted a lot of people would say what's the point? or you can already do that through PVP by taking a keep! Well, not everyone pvps, and like in any game, people like to have aspects they can claim as their own, as long as it isn't allowed to become a city unto itself i for one would love to see them.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    @eq2imora_ESO

I agree, but if the access to guild halls were inside a city or cities, and minimal stuff was there, say a banker, and a public access guild store, plus a trophy room and some rp space, would that really be so bad? Granted a lot of people would say what's the point? or you can already do that through PVP by taking a keep! Well, not everyone pvps, and like in any game, people like to have aspects they can claim as their own, as long as it isn't allowed to become a city unto itself i for one would love to see them.

I still think it's a bit pointless when there's no real sense of guild identity with this system.

Basically what you're asking for was accomplished in EQ2 before they even had guild halls with the player housing.

See, you could give other folks permissions to your house as a trustee. Trustee access let you move and pick up items(no trade items could only be moved, but not picked up), redecorate, etc. My guild used the large 5 room house in Qeynos that one of our officers had as a meeting hall.

If there are *any* amenities in there, there will be people asking for more. I can see RP space and a trophy room, as well as access to the guild bank and store, but the instance you start putting personal banks and all sorts of other stuff in there, it gets in my danger zone. There should never be a reason you don't want to visit the cities. There should never be a reason for you to just stay in the halls all the time.

You can also open your houses to the general public as visitor access. I had my homes entered in viewing galleries and people would come and go all the time to look at the decorating. People were so into the interior decorating there that there's a third party program that lets you manipulate house items and guides to "breaking out" of the intended space(which SOE supports to a degree.. they don't support it enough to help if you lose items, but they don't do anything unless it ends up affecting the world outside the instance.. like the one Kelethin memory leak bug with acorn houses >.>). People would level guilds solo or hire friends to do it so they could get guild halls for themselves to decorate.

It was absurd.

And many of the amenities afforded to guild halls got put into houses. I have personal harvest material storage in my house made by a tinkerer. I have pads that teleport me to different places in the house, I have broker access. I have crafting tables. I have NPCs that research recipes for me and NPCs that give me quests.

Once it goes past the point of "fluff" to the point of "replaces a need to be in the world" it gets really on the razor's edge, and with a lot of folks, if you won't put city amenities in the hall, then why have it?

I'd personally prefer if they add player housing first. Player housing is a staple of TES games since at least Morrowind(Never could play Daggerfall, damn thing wouldn't stop crashing long enough for me to get into it).

After that, maybe. We'd have to see. I just don't want to see the world empty because everyone's sitting in an instanced hall.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @eq2imora_ESO

I agree about the player housing, i would rather see that long before guild halls, I still think a guild hall would be a good idea if limited to a banker and public guild store along with rp space though. As it is banks are overcrowded and insane, and if you've ever been to the davon's watch bank i really want to shoot the guy complaining about people being on the wrong side of the counter lol
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @eq2imora_ESO

I agree about the player housing, i would rather see that long before guild halls, I still think a guild hall would be a good idea if limited to a banker and public guild store along with rp space though. As it is banks are overcrowded and insane, and if you've ever been to the davon's watch bank i really want to shoot the guy complaining about people being on the wrong side of the counter lol

Yeah I want to shoot that jackhole myself. I try to avoid the Davon's Watch bank if I can, but unfortunately I do most of my crafting there because Mournhold and Windhelm are entirely too spread out for my tastes. ESPECIALLY Windhelm.

Banks in general tend to be crowded I notice. No getting around that. But the jerk in Davon's Watch? I would just love to have his face eat my hammer.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @eq2imora_ESO

Yeah I want to shoot that jackhole myself. I try to avoid the Davon's Watch bank if I can, but unfortunately I do most of my crafting there because Mournhold and Windhelm are entirely too spread out for my tastes. ESPECIALLY Windhelm.

Banks in general tend to be crowded I notice. No getting around that. But the jerk in Davon's Watch? I would just love to have his face eat my hammer.

do your crafting in stormhold then the crafting area is literally right outside the bank, that's my favorite place to handle it, though i love windhelm cause i was such a huge fan of skyrim lol
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @eq2imora_ESO

do your crafting in stormhold then the crafting area is literally right outside the bank, that's my favorite place to handle it, though i love windhelm cause i was such a huge fan of skyrim lol

I could do that. I still have all my mules parked at Davon's Watch though. :/ Bleh.

I love Windhelm. Love Skyrim. Hate that the bank is in one corner, the smith/cloth thing is in the middle and the enchanter/woodworker is on the far end.

*shakes fist*

I have four crafts on my main. That's a lot of running around lol.
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    Some great ideas here. I want a guild hall more than anything right now. Some great points we're made here, I'd like to address.

-Cities emptying out hadn't occurred to me, great point. For that reason, guild halls certainly wouldn't need vendors, and perhaps not even crafting stations. There's still plenty of room for other features, like moving the Guild Banks access from the bank to the guild halls. Just don't add EVERYTHING into the guild hall and problem solved. Saying that it has to be all or nothing is idiotic.

-Multiple guilds wouldn't matter. Plenty of ways to implement choosing which guild hall to go to, whether it's menu choice, way-shrine or inventory token. Just because you are part of a trade guild(s) you don't care about, doesn't mean that's the situation for all of us.

-This could and should be a priority over individual housing. Any property in ESO is going to be instanced (isn't possible for everything to have a plot of land) so an individual house doesn't do a whole lot. Only you could go there, maybe someone you are grouped with could travel with you, but that's about it. Guild halls would add a lot of great player interaction, and fill in the some gaps that guilds now need like "how can I get everyone together" (thanks to phasing) or "where can we meet".

-I did like the idea of a progressive hall size/quality, and different styles. I think every guild over X players should get some guild instance, even a camp. Then if it grows via guild gold donation, or guild size or whatever I think that could work.

Overall, I'm an officer in a RP guild and I want somewhere separate the guild can call home, can meet and all easily be together. It doesn't have to do anything special. But cool optional features: a war room with a map where the guild's home campaign could be viewed and accessed, a training room with dummies where members could spar (duel without dying), and a guild bank/store vendor.
    Edited by Haxer on April 16, 2014 12:47PM
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If guilds meant more in this game than trade cartels *maybe*. The multiple guild system does nothing to reinforce guild loyalty.

And no, it shouldnt take preference over personal player housing. If all youre looking for is a guild meeting spot you can do that in someones house. Thats all a hall is for outside bragging rights if theres no amenities.

TES games have all had player housing back to Morrowind. To forego that in favor of guild housing in a game thats severely reduced the incentive to play in a guild for any reason other than commerce is a ridiculous idea.

And I say this as a guild leader in threr games.
  • djtzoney
    djtzoney
    Soul Shriven
    Ok been in guilds for ever been playing WOW since it came out I will tell you this is the only thing the game is missing is guild halls and housing for store