Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lost City Puzzle

Ascendo
Ascendo
Soul Shriven
Anyone already figured out how it works? We tried various things for several hours but nothing seemed to work.
  • lukeh9456b14_ESO
    I aven't been able to get it either
  • albelnoxgm
    albelnoxgm
    Soul Shriven
    I had a chance to tag the spider when it was up (barely made it) I have no idea what the pressure plate combination for each guardian is. Pressing the plates simultaneously didn't seem to work regardless of combination.
  • Ascendo
    Ascendo
    Soul Shriven
    Guardians arent related to the puzzle, they just have a very long respawn timer(i guess so that they dont distract you from the puzzle).Killing all 3 of them wont give you the archievement.
  • albelnoxgm
    albelnoxgm
    Soul Shriven
    Ascendo wrote: »
    Guardians arent related to the puzzle, they just have a very long respawn timer(i guess so that they dont distract you from the puzzle).Killing all 3 of them wont give you the archievement.

So what is the actual purpose of the pressure plates then?
  • Ascendo
    Ascendo
    Soul Shriven
    The pressure plates are the puzzle itself and its solution is supposed to give you the archivement "lost city group challenge", whats supposed to happen if you trigger the right combination..well I dont know but it has nothing to do with the guardians.
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    I found it too easy. As the ghost go to the pressure plate, press them. I was kind of disappointed, but it was really cool nonetheless. Questing in ESO beats kill 10 boars anyday.

ehhh, over due edit..

There is more than 1 dungeon titled "Lost City of something something" please specify which you mean next time.
    Edited by KiroElmarok on May 21, 2014 4:06AM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Ascendo
    Ascendo
    Soul Shriven
    Which ghost?
  • gweatherall_ESO
    Has anyone figured this out? There are no clues on how to do this, and certainly no ghosts walking to the plates.
  • Renegade156b14_ESO
    No one found a solution yet?
  • Deminded
    Deminded
    We tried it yesterday with a group of 7 people, standing on all sorts of configurations, including: all of one animal, all plates at once, one plate at once, random conbinations. None of which worked for us, we had no idea what to do.

About this ghost: Care to elaborate Kiro? There was no ghost for us, and to be honest I find it a bit inappropriate to declare something is "easy" when apparently the problem seems hard to solve or has no publically avaiable clues.
    Edited by Deminded on April 8, 2014 12:07PM
  • Ascendo
    Ascendo
    Soul Shriven
    There is no ghost hes apparently talking about the wrong puzzle, there is a puzzle in the main quest where you have to step on the same plates as a ghost, maybe you dont remember its in rivenspire as far as I remember.
  • Danneroth
    Danneroth
    The puzzle is starting to annoy me. Anyone figured it out?
  • Atyx
    Atyx
    Danneroth, go to dulfy.net. She's got a quest guide up for this specific one as well. It's where i figured it out at.
  • Danneroth
    Danneroth
    I looked there earlier and I could not find a mention of the puzzle. Its not a quest its a achievement.
  • Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    There's some shield plate thing on the wall that can be interacted with. I assumed you had to get four people on the pressure plates and one person to press the shield thing, but I never had enough people around to try.
    Edited by Bunk on April 8, 2014 10:38PM
    idiot
  • Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    Seriously, nothing yet? I've spent too much time on this, im ready for someone else's genius to allow me to be lazy and feel complete.
  • philip.ploegerb16_ESO
    We solved the Puzzle with 5 people somehow. Unfortunately I don't know how exactly. We stood on some of the platforms, and the shield at the wall got some "glowing marks" on it.
    First it were 3 marks, then 2 marks, then 1, then 0, then a friend of me pressed the button and 2 Spiders + a Scorpion spawned. Scorpion was elite and tough, after killing we got the achievement and no Skillpoint.

Hope this'll help some people.
    Noricum

Thx to Giny, Sarana, Thaili, Derra, Cherahim, Gloy, Raweelz and Drimacus, you make the game worth playing even with AoE-caps, no usefull progression past Assault / Support Rank 10, and with PvP being not even close to balanced.

Chars: Sera - VR12 Templar (Heal / DPS) ||| Seraliah - VR12 Dragonknight (DPS / Tank)
  • Fraynee
    Fraynee
    Do you know what Plates you were standing on? i swear I tried every combination with a group of about 10 people
  • Dirigible
    Dirigible
    ✭✭
    This is kind of ridiculous, there has to be someone who knows the solution at this point. I'd love to complete this.
  • TassenAruhn
    damn, wasted too much time there... no result
  • ScorpionWarlock
    I think that is 4 man puzzle...
    like a puzzle in Skyrim "Dragon Claw Puzzle"
    Spider - Scorpion - Scrub - Activation
    1 - - - - 1 - - - - - - 1 - - - - ok
    1 - - - - 2 - - - - - - 1 - - - - ok
    1 - - - - 1 - - - - - - 2 - - - - ok
    1 - - - - 2 - - - - - - 2 - - - - ok
    2 - - - - 1 - - - - - - 2 - - - - ok
    2 - - - - 2 - - - - - - 1 - - - - ok
    2 - - - - 2 - - - - - - 2 - - - - ok

1 is for first plate and 2 is for second plate
    Edited by ScorpionWarlock on April 24, 2014 12:09AM
  • ScorpionWarlock
    Ok what i notice all lights must be turned off by some luck and running a round from plate 2 plate we activate and spawn all 3 * spi sco scr *
    dont ask me how :smiley:
  • Danneroth
    Danneroth
    Did you get the achievement tho?
  • cesar.narrob14_ESO
    This is BS. ZOS trolling us. I was in there for 2 hrs today. Nada.
  • Gryzz
    Gryzz
    Soul Shriven
    Solved it this morning after the reset. It was in fact bugged before because today the shield was always interactable. It was simply a matter of people moving around til the lights all went off then one of us used the shield.

So to be clear if you look at the shield and it doesn't popup with the interact button, it is bugged. Wish I would have known that before I spent 3 hours trying to figure it out yesterday.
  • quarnyrwb17_ESO
    Ah nice to know it can be buggy... can you remember the combination Gryzz?
    Edited by quarnyrwb17_ESO on May 1, 2014 5:43AM
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    It's doable only one time after server restart. :(

It's bugged and not doable after first complete.
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    I just did it after today maintenance. We tried few combinations , 2 lights showed, then one disappeared and finally all lights disappeared. After few more combinations all 3 bosses spawned (spider and all that creatures on buttons). We got achievement after we killed it.

Good luck and try to do it RIGHT AFTER MAINTENANCE. :)
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Got the achievemnt but not a skillpoint.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    Fyrakin wrote: »
    Got the achievemnt but not a skillpoint.
    Same.
    Edited by CoUsT on May 6, 2014 12:15PM