The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Drop Rate and Crafting Comparison

gustavobagnoub17_ESO
At lvl 20 or so, blue items are VERY easy to be dropped. That somehow discourages the art of crafting.

Crafting is "easy", but upgrading it, is not. Finding upgrade materials is EXTREMELY rare and boring. So why spend time crafting if your item WILL be dropped?

Or they fix the drop rate, or they make it up for the crafting materials. I Believe upgrading materials should be easier to get a hold on. I believe they could work on that, right?

Cheers.
  • pjwrwb17_ESO
    pjwrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    Do you decon much blue/green gear? That's my main source of upgrade items.
    Options
  • madvikingub17_ESO
    madvikingub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've not gotten a single blue drop and not that many greens either.. that's just my luck tho. I agree that upgrading materials need to be easier to get. If I'd get more greens/blues it probably would be easier from deconstructing.
    Options
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skill point on better returns from deconstructing can help a lot with this. But, yes, they're rare - and it's an issue for actually enchanting gear as opposed to running with the basic items.
    Options
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Blue level 20 drops aren't really a good comparison though, drop rates on gold and purple items isn't that immensely high for 50s and some of the best items in game are crafted, which is one if the reasons I am sure it is so difficult.

Think of it as how samurais used to craft their swords, true original samurai swords are some of the strongest and sharpest blades in the world...but that didn't come easy, their blacksmiths were notoriously some of the best and worked extremely hard just to make 1 and had to have the best materials. But when it was done it was beautiful and powerful.

Same concept applies to this game.
    Edited by Sykotik_ESO on April 5, 2014 11:22PM
    Options
  • ComradeEternal
    As a blacksmith i get dwarven oil(superior) from refining high iron ore(tier 2), not enough to improve all of my items every two levels but its still around 20% chance per batch. I was actually suprised that it was that easy to get improvement reagents. i sincerely hope the legendary type will be a real pain obtaining, so that the legendary equipment in fact are legendary.
    Options
  • Orcula
    Orcula
    Maybe if they had an open market so people could do buyeeeeeng, selleeeeeng, and tradeeeeeing.....
    Options
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I find the most annoying thing that im literally swimming in clothing mats. (50 hemming 20 blue upgrades) But im seriously lacking blacksmithing.
    Then again, i noticed that quest/drops are generally good enough to keep me going, i only create the incidental weapon.

Because the upgrade mats are for every level i thought i might as well save them for 50 where i can then make an instant set of blues for myself.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
    Options