Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My sad sob story

Kingcroft
Kingcroft
✭✭
Well, going on 24 hours of being lock out of the game for some strange reason. I submitted the info to the customer service, but they are swamped. I don't know if anyone out there in the wide world may have a suggestion.

I was playing happily on the early access when I received a message about down time due to the official release. After word my son, who is trying the game on my account, tried to log on but missed my password 3 times. Now sometimes that means you get locked out. Whether or not that is what is going on here I don't know. When I tried, it "requested log in" for about 45 seconds then said, "Log in error, timed out." I changed the password to no effect.

If anybody has any suggestions, or just pity (this is my springbreak and I have more time to play and I can't :(:( I would appreciate it. Otherwise see you some day in Tamriel.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it sounds like the login server just might have been getting overloaded when you were trying to get on, because that has happened in many other MMOs I've played at peak times (especially launch times).

How many times since have you tried logging on since then? I don't want to send you off on a wild goose chase because I have no other idea what could be wrong, but I doubt it would have let you change your password if your account was locked. The reason you'd get locked out for trying the password a bunch of times was to prevent hackers from getting in, right? So why would they let you in at all to change your password after that?

Try the technical problems area of these forums though, because there might be an active dev monitoring the place there who might have other ideas. But I'd keep trying to get on if you haven't tried at quieter times of day (yeah, that's going to be easy on launch weekend now, huh? ).
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    Hi, I had the same problem, eventually it clocked that there was an issue and sent me to this page: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5920 I think I might have had to go into options and made it repair the client, and I definitely had to reboot, but since then it's been working perfectly. Hope this helps and you get to play!
  • Kelara
    Kelara
    Soul Shriven
    I had a similar problem in the last beta and the page linked above helped me.
  • Kingcroft
    Kingcroft
    ✭✭
    Yay, it work, thank you