Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

soul gems

kaylun
kaylun
do soull gems trap humanoids in this game or is it like skyrim where u need a black soul gem?
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    I think they trap up to certain levels only.
  • Adam_Hart
    Adam_Hart
    Soul Shriven
    As far as I know, soul gems trap souls of all creatures. At least in theory. In practice, however, sometimes you cannot trap a soul even if the size of gem is appropriate for the creature's level (for example, petty soul gem for levels 1-9). Asked ZOS about it and heard no clear answer, only the following:
    Regarding the soul gems, in some cases they will fill if you continue to kill the same type of monster or enemy over and over again, and also some enemies are stronger than their level,
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is level based. You can capture humanoids just fine.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    Soul gems go by creature level and include humans.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Adam_Hart
    Adam_Hart
    Soul Shriven
    The levels are as follows:

Petty Soul Gem - levels 1-9
    Minor Soul Gem - levels 10-19
    Lesser Soul Gem - levels 20-29
    Common Soul Gem - levels 30-39
    Greater Soul Gem - levels 40-49
    Grand Soul Gem - levels 50+ (Veteran levels)

source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Soul_Gems
    Edited by Adam_Hart on April 4, 2014 7:04PM
  • kaylun
    kaylun
    TY
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see Black Soul gems entering the game in a Necromancy addition.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• xnekrox
    xnekrox
    What are the location to purchase some soul gems? I've been looking everywhere
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    I found some in the Monkey Temple. A little monkey was stashing them in the fireplace. Shops have soul gems. You just need to find the right kind of shop as there are many scattered throughout the different areas or, you could just find the Mages Guild. :*