Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

need help about healing

blackwolf7
blackwolf7
✭✭✭
Is it completely viable to heal competitively in dungeons by only using resto staffs?

Im level 12 using resto staff and im having a hard time keeping people alive in dungeons.

I make sure to keep regeneration buff in my party members and make sure to always put the aoe heal (1st skill of resto staff). But my party members keeps on dying. Specially the tank.

It is frustrating me because as a healer, i should keep my party alive. But Im not sure how. When Im healing in dungeons I always require my party mates to kite a little. I also ask my tanks to kite a little and dodge stuffs instead of face tanking it because i cant keep up :/

Do i need to be a templar for me to heal competitively? Or is it really the mchanics of eso to require each and every party member to kite enemies and heals are only there as support but not as the group's lifeline?
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    You're just a little low level for the dungeon, that's all. They're tuned pretty tough (14-15 ideally). There are enough talents in the healing staff, and you might find a few good passives in your class talent frees to help with mana. You should also look into the passive bonuses of cloth. It could also be that your tank is undergeared/level.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...