Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

make sure addons

drowadin
drowadin
✭✭
make sure addons cant track where ore will be, or any item is in game, to keep it all fair.
  • Vistrix
    Vistrix
    No addon on can tell you the exact location of resources.

The best it can do is show you rough locations of where they could appear based on historic data.
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    There should be no addons telling locations historical or not. Just like the no auction house is the vbest thing in the history of game serious that created a gold and greed market. Keep the game legit and fair for all best policy no gold buyers and dont allow 2nd or third parties to host ur addons will equal hacked accounts...
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    I no difference in an addon remembering for me as opposed to me writing each spot down on a piece of paper. (except with the addon I don't need to build my writer's callous back up...)
    Edited by Seerah on April 5, 2014 1:10AM
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    I say write it down fair is fair, We don't need a cheat then they will find them all and have a data base u download and can have them all to ??? cheats are cheats keep it fair... The next guy will want an addon to play the game for him or to bot for him lol ban all botters as well. Just because ur the obahma generation does not mean u get to cheat in games as most do in life
    Edited by drowadin on April 5, 2014 10:00AM
  • holmes.lab16_ESO
    There is already an addon that keeps track of locations where you've looted harvestables/chests
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    @drowadin‌
    I think your whole argument flew out the window once you linked it to bots, politics and "obahma".

If someone else doesn't want to go through the effort of writing all the nodes down, but I don't mind... Now I have a nice long list and know where every node spawns. They think my list is cheating. BAN PENCILS!!
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    Also make sure no one can bot. Pencils are how it should be done no addon doing the game play for you. Don't do things that ruin the game like they ruined wow. I quit after 6 years bec they crapped on the game make it so noob friendly.
  • king_otn
    king_otn
    Be it historic logging or not, if one was the make their map outside the game or make a mental map then why would they want to block the ability to use historic data via addons? It's additional work for no real reason in my opinion.
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    Block the ability to log any in game item, They will create the ability to store and transfer that data to everyone and the skill points were a waist for us to see them further. It called not being lazy additional wrk my ass this is not wow.
  • IronMaiden_burnout
    IronMaiden_burnout
    ✭✭✭
    This makes the whole "Kenn Eye" skill useless if Zenimax allows such add-ons
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    This makes the whole "Kenn Eye" skill useless if Zenimax allows such add-ons

That is one reason, But calling someone a troll does not discredit the fact I am correct. Well if this comes to pass I will take a refund on all my keen eye skill points please, And for the game on top of it. And if it is no big deal for you to put it on paper then do so and we are gd lol. I have watched people sit and camp an area followed them and they were just grabbing the same items left adn right. They are not random, or when u trigger one another will spawn, needs more randomness and no addonsto track items then every one will be makeing gear like crazy and not earning it keep the gold sailers out this is one way.

Edited by drowadin on April 7, 2014 3:10PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope materials nodes can't be logged. I think they're not random, as I've collected several same-type materials at the same spot. Some randomness would certainly prevent some degree of botting and reinforce the value of Keen Eye. This is the way to go, I think.
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    Keep this game p2p, p2p will have better support and updates. If you let addons track in game items then the p2p bus will pull in soon after I would rather p2p then let the foodstamp nation in for f2p lol.
  • Phadin
    Phadin
    ✭✭
    Not to mention P2P has an entry fee for each new account gold farmers and botters use after getting banned, making it less profitable than F2P.
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    Ban CD key's make the cheaters pay again and again to cheat lol