Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Choosing my Character! -Help!

Froobert
Froobert
✭✭✭
This is eating at my soul! (Ironic)

I don't know what character to choose to become my main!

I need some multiple answers for this to work, since I will choose from the best answer that is commented :dizzy_face:

Thanks, here are the characters I use:

Imperial Tank Dragon-Knight:
-Weapons: Sword/Shield, Stuns & High Defensive Output.
-Style: High Health, Medium Stamina, Low-Medium Magika. (I need more Magika, suggestions?)
-Craft: Blacksmith
-Ideals for the Future: Being the main damage-taker for the party, I'd like to defend most-to-all damage from my party members and put it on myself.

Woodelf Kite Sorcerer:
-Weapons-Bow/2 Handed Sword, Stuns at high DPS at long range.
-Style: Sneaky, Very High Crit on Stealth attacks, then do tons of damage from afar, slowing them down and dealing massive damage from afar. Medium Health. High Magika. Medium-High Stamina.
-Craft: Woodworking & Provisioning.
-Ideals for the Future: Dealing a lot of damage from afar, astronomically high levels of damage when used at far range as support.

Redguard DPS Dragon-Knight:
-Weapons: 2 Handed Sword & Destruction Staff.
-Style: Naturally High Stamina Regen & Overall, 2handed sword skills, with medium armor and light armor magika regen and overall magika, dealing VERY high amounts of damage.
-Craft: Clothing
-Ideals for the Future: Looking forward to being the highest crowd-control DPS Dragon-Knight, being able to dish out Quick-Stuns and Crits for days! Very high damage when used right, (As I shall).

Please help! I won't be able to choose until I get multiple answers! Thank you!

-Joseph Dovahkiin

Froobert the Tank
When In doubt, Bash it out! :)

"Member of Noore"

• lolage
    lolage
    Honestly they all sound good. DK is really fun to play, although post-beta I've went with a tanky sorcerer who will be switching to dual-wielding at some point.

I say try them all out :)
  • melgarothb14_ESO
    I have a 24 DPS 2handed DK at the moment and am loving it. 5 medium/2 light armor build. Destro staff off hand for close/medium ranged grinding. The ults are really fun and the abilities feel really fitting and interesting to use.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Froobert wrote: »

No one here is going to know what you like better than you will. So only you are going to really be able to answer that question.

Class distinctions in the game are pretty shallow. Except for class-specific skills, and racial abilities, everyone's characters have pretty much the same options. So unless there are class-specific skills you prefer, just roll some dice and pick one of them at random.

• Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    Froobert wrote: »

No one here is going to know what you like better than you will. So only you are going to really be able to answer that question.

Class distinctions in the game are pretty shallow. Except for class-specific skills, and racial abilities, everyone's characters have pretty much the same options. So unless there are class-specific skills you prefer, just roll some dice and pick one of them at random.

-Claps- ;)

I understand completely. I made this forum to ask others what they think I should go with. The only problem I'm really having, is the Tank. I need to know what will go best with him, since he is the one who hold the key to helping out a group most. Thanks for the post! I always enjoy them! :smiley:
    Froobert the Tank

"Member of Noore"

• lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭

QFT. With that said, tanks seem to be in short supply, so at the moment you'd have plenty of opportunity to practice your technique in dungeons and be on the cutting edge of readiness for endgame.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    lupusrex wrote: »

QFT. With that said, tanks seem to be in short supply, so at the moment you'd have plenty of opportunity to practice your technique in dungeons and be on the cutting edge of readiness for endgame.

Again! -Sniffle- Thank you guys! I'll become the best tank I can ever be! Now It's time to make a build that fits the choices I make! It's tank time! Yeah! :smiley:

Thanks a lot! Your awesome! All of you! :blush:

-Joseph Dovahkiin
    Froobert the Tank

"Member of Noore"

• Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66274/raice-s-starters-guide-a-new-player-getting-the-most-out-of-a-new-character#latest

Read that.

And then decide if you want to be a Ranged DPS, a Melee DPS, or a Tank. They're all equally fun to play.
    Edited by Raice on April 4, 2014 4:52PM
  • Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    Raice wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66274/raice-s-starters-guide-a-new-player-getting-the-most-out-of-a-new-character#latest

Read that.

And then decide if you want to be a Ranged DPS, a Melee DPS, or a Tank. They're all equally fun to play.

Holy Crap!

God of Guides right here! Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Froobert the Tank

"Member of Noore"