Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are any of these quests made for soloing?

PVT_Parts
PVT_Parts
✭✭✭
I'm lvl 9 doing a lvl 8 quest, I can kill 1 guy, I can even kill 2 guys, but when I'm fighting the quest boss and he spawns 3 allies when he is low on health and all I've got is the queen who stops fighting after 20 seonds(she is the queen so I guess she has the right to just watch me fight) I die fast, even with heals and pots...wth am I doing wrong?
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can group for that quest when you need to kill Norion. While that quest is instanced, it is possible to bring in people to help in a group.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Try changing up weapons and tactics. Sometimes a boss just doesn't work with a particular style of approach and you need to shake it up. Also buff food from provisioning.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the fighter's guild, mage guild and world main quest bosses are forced into solo. I'm not the only one who hates that.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them are intended to be more difficult. Try different ability setups, and you also didn't mention where your gear is at. If you are L9 doing a L8 quest but have all low level common gear on, that could be a problem.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean Norion? I didn't know you could group for him. It took me 7 attempts on the first character and 3 on the second (at level).

I guess it's irrelevant if you can group, but if you want to solo, make sure all your gear is level 8 and in good condition, and kite him while the queen is out of commission (she gets back up after a while).
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    Burn down the weakest ones first. Kill any ranged/casters as they're harder to avoid. Use your rolls, blocking and interrupt.

Upgrading your gear may help (especially if you're missing slots like helm or shoulders). If you don't have better gear in your inventory, you can try crafting. You'd be surprised how much a higher dps weapon will help you slice through enemies like butter.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    All the fighter's guild, mage guild and world main quest bosses are forced into solo. I'm not the only one who hates that.

Nooo! I need to level up...
    ~ ♥ ~
  • lolage
    lolage
    Look at the enemy healthbars. If they have special things on either side this indicates they are fairly tanky and have the potential to do lots of damage. You can't solo multiple enemies at the same time, that are trash+1 in difficulty; especially if they're on par with your level.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I finally got him. Did too much damage to him the first few times and didn't realize that he spawned his allies 1 at a time because he spawned them all at the same time from the damage I was doing. I decided to let the queen take him while I did no damage to him and only killed the allies he spawned. My gear is lvl 6+ all enchanted. I don't use the roll because I need the stamina for my melee abilities to do the most damage. Besides, the roll seems to do next to nothing for it's incredible stamina cost. Quest pays out 100gp or so and repairs cost 200-300... Guess I'll never have more than 1,300 gold unless I magically figure out how to beat every boss the first time without dying. I like to solo, everyone seems to be complaining that they made the game too immersive and geared towards the solo player. Clearly those complainers havn't tried soloing anything...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »
    I'm lvl 9 doing a lvl 8 quest, I can kill 1 guy, I can even kill 2 guys, but when I'm fighting the quest boss and he spawns 3 allies when he is low on health and all I've got is the queen who stops fighting after 20 seonds(she is the queen so I guess she has the right to just watch me fight) I die fast, even with heals and pots...wth am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, he is way overpowered
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    What skills u have and what type of char u have and how that meshes with u're play style makes a huge difference too. For soloing I'm a templar with a bow(level 14 now) and everything is pretty easy. Multiple char? No problem. Bosses? A breeze-sometimes I don;t even have to use my ultimate. Playing on my alts that are melee char's are a completely different story and they are a lot harder for me to solo(-read I die a lot). So if u're having a tough time, switch up u're skills or maybe try out diff weapons.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »

It's an incentive to focus on how you can play your own character better. I think it's a good idea. If you get really stuck, it doesn't stop you advancing on other quests and coming back when you outlevel it.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Norion was hardest on my Dual Wield Nightblade. It involved a lot of kiting and acrobatics, while moving in for some abilities and hits, then kiting again and so forth. Taking out his minions first as he spawned them, then going for a few hits on him. It was quite a battle.

My sorcerer laid waste to him pretty quickly in comparison, maybe I'd prepared better the second time round.

Gear up as much as you can, learn his tactics and keep trying. It takes some. I love how difficult this game's bosses are :smile:
    Edited by Enteum on April 13, 2014 9:46PM
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    Enteum wrote: »
    My sorcerer laid waste to him pretty quickly in comparison, maybe I'd prepared better the second time round.
    I've found that my sorcerer is able to solo many bosses that other classes can't. The fact that Sorcerers are able to summon 2-3 pets to grab aggro from bosses as they kite and lay down the dps seems to give them an advantage in solo content. I've not had a problem on any quests and have been able to solo the minibosses around the zones even though when doing it with another player the other player sometimes dies :|