Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there a way to "link" quests when you're grouped?

bryan.francoeur_ESO
bryan.francoeur_ESO
Soul Shriven
I'm playing with my wife and we're grouped together, but we keep having to do quest events separately. For example, if the quest says, "Go talk to this guy" we both have to talk to the guy even though we're standing next to each other. There was that one quest (sorry, I don't remember the exact name and I'm not at home) where you have to rescue the Khajit lady's son from the skooma dealers. My wife killed the Big Bad and then I had to wait for him to respawn so I could kill him too. Maybe I was too far away when she did it or maybe I didn't land the killing blow.
Is there a way for our two characters to have our quests joined? We're friends in game, and grouped together. Heck, we even did the ritual of Mara.
Thanks!
  • Nymesis
    Nymesis
    I've noticed this as well when my wife and I are questing. It seems there are some quests that credit both of us (go kill 10 monsters, etc) and then some like you are describing where we both have to kill the boss. I don't get it, hopefully someone will shed some light on this annoying situation. :smile:
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    This does sound very annoying. I can't remember what other mmo it was that did this but they eventually changed it, although not completely there was still some quests where we both had to loot a piece and in a 5 man group it was really dumb. I think it was lotro. I can't recall. I plan to play this game solely with my wife so does suck to hear but I was warned about it ahead of time. At least were in the same space in the same room. I can't imagine how that works in full groups.