The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Dragonknight: Making Medium Armor Viable?

Vikova
Vikova
✭✭✭✭✭
The title pretty much says it all. I am curious if anyone reading this has been able to get medium armor to work cohesively and effectively with being a Dragonknight. Especially with how easy it is to hit the armor softcap, I am considering attempting a dual-wielding, medium armor Dragonknight.

Any thoughts are welcome.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I started this way on mine, but decided to do 5 light 2 med instead, as it seemed like it would be more effective in the path towards more fire based spells. I found that the first couple of dual wield weapon skills didn't really take much stam to where I actually needed it, since I was mixing in the fire damage. However, fury takes a fair chunk if you want to spam it, so I'd likely go reverse if I was to focus more on that, with 5 med 2 light.
  • Dday5689
    Dday5689
    That's almost my exact build. I went dark elf dual wield dragon knight. My focus is more in class skills than in weapon, so for me, magicka is main with stamina second. To compliment my stats, my weapon swap is fire staff. It allows me to pull back and range while still doing fire damage and allowing my health to recover if necessary. I do use spike armor with the morph into aoe, it helps counteract the lack of armor. And this is up to you, you can wear 5 pieces of medium to keep the passive, then throw on 2 pieces of heavy for the mitigation and health bonuses from its passives too. You'll lose some crit chance, but that can be made up with armor and weapon traits.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was planning on trying to focus on weapon skills, though people seem to advise against it. I think I will try the 5M/2H armor setup, focusing on weapon skills for damage. I'll see how it goes.