The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Patcher Says INSTALL

unknowed
unknowed
Hi,

I'm on a MacBook Pro the game runs just fine, but since the servers came up yesterday ready for launch, my patcher keeps getting the only option of INSTALL.

Any ideas of how to avoid the long download?

Best Regards,

Luca
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    Same issue here on a PC.
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    See some of the other posts here on installer issues. But make a backup of your game before trying anything. Several of us went through this last night.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey @Luciana and @unknowed, are you playing on the EU or NA megaserver? Also, could you confirm if you were in beta and/or early access, or if you are just beginning to play today?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BenAbu
    BenAbu
    Soul Shriven
    This has happened to a lot of people. Luckily I saw poor ol Deagen and Soma going through this so I'm using the .exe not the launcher until I'm sure it's fixed.
  • Doumanianrub17_ESO
    I have the issue. I just keep installing the game!
  • Doumanianrub17_ESO
    I've patched up the game like 10 times, it just wants to keep patching, or 'repair.'
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I could fix this by doing what it's said in this post: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/538381/#Comment_538381 :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    If your data files are gone then you will need to reinstall (if you don't have a backup) otherwise try and repair. I turned off auto update so it didn't do something before I was ready. If you repair is a success your play button I believe will say update then after a small 20mb download you should get the play option again. It took me several repairs and tries to get this done but it did finally work.

And make a copy before you attempt anything.
    Edited by SilentVigil on April 4, 2014 3:50PM
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    It works again for me, I just let the launcher do what it insisted on doing, then threw a repair over it and voila, no more purple stuff and the launcher no longer insists on installing.
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Awesome. That pink/purple stuff was not enjoyable
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. That pink/purple stuff was not enjoyable
    @SilentVigil glad it finally got resolved. Have fun in Tamriel.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Yeah thanks, sometimes it is best to just sleep on it and try again in the morning.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah thanks, sometimes it is best to just sleep on it and try again in the morning.
    That's what my wife says sometimes too ;)
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Ha!
  • unknowed
    unknowed
    My Patcher still says INSTALL, it updated it self tho.

I was in Beta, and in Early Access. I play in the NA servers. Also it tries to download 60gb.

Regards,

Luca
    Edited by unknowed on April 5, 2014 7:14AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknowed wrote: »
    My Patcher still says INSTALL, it updated it self tho.

I was in Beta, and in Early Access. I play in the NA servers. Also it tries to download 60gb.

Regards,

Luca
    You can try to let it start Install, create the temporary files which takes a little time (no actual download yet) then it will start to download properly. Pause and click Cancel in Options top right cog icon. Hopefully you can then see Repair in Game Options to right side window. if not repeat.

Backup your existing install! Important as it is possible for Cancel to wipe whole install folder.