Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Imperial Dragonknight - Paladin?

Medicius
Medicius
Hi guys and gals,

Today will by my third day playing so I thought I'd toss this question out there. Is the Imperial Dragonknight equivalent to a Paladin in other storylines? One of the dragonknight power trees seems to do a lot of healing. So when using SnB I feel that it will be a good class to solo-level.

Then when in group, I can off-tank and off-heal as needed (with a resto-staff).

Does that seem appropriate? Or am I missing something with this combo?
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    I see the templar as more of a paladin with his holy skills. Fire to me just doesn't seem very paladin-esque
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    Templar is definitely the paladin-ish class. Dragonknight is more akin to a battlemage or warrior mage. In fact, I made mine (or am) into a dual wielding spellblade of sorts.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certainly nothing wrong with playing as you suggest, but I agree the templar seems more paladin-esque to me, given its holy abilities.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, yes I've been more sword and board switched up with destruction staff. It's been a quite nice mix of ranged and close combat that way. Though duel wield might be a better option. I'm looking to expand my AOE abilities.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    If anything the Dragonknight is more shamanistic (using the elements) than holy.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...