Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Rings of Mara

Reuz
Reuz
Does anyone know if the Rings of Mara special item is multi-use? As in, Can I use them once on each of my characters? or do they bind account to account rather than character to character?
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    My intiial understanding is that it works for one char on your account, and only once. However, after getting my ring, I still have the Pledge of Mara item kicking around; it can't go in my bank anymore, so I'll probably have to destroy it but am worried that'll break things and, well, we just don't get general information on stuff for ESO without putting in support tickets it seems.
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Rings of Mara are turning out not to be as cool as I originally thought. 10% Exp is wonderful, but with the phasing and segregating of areas based on quest completion, its tough to get together and do the same stuff. Especially if i level a bit while my friend is offline.
    I then can't help with a few of their quests and we have basically been seperated since after first day of early access.
    I get the opportunity to play more, they have children and stuff.
    Oh well.
  • klw0729ub17_ESO
    I am having a problem with staying in the same area as my partner. The same problem as jambam, I have more time to play and in some areas I can't see him or the people/monsters he is fighting... Sucks :neutral_face:
  • Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    To Answer your question: The Rings of Mara give you a 10% EXP Bonus. If you and your partner play together constantly, and stick in the same area during your game-play, the rings of Mara are for you. Also, as a side note, the rings of Mara are Final. No re-use or break-ups. It's a one time deal. Use it wisely. :wink:
    Froobert the Tank
    When In doubt, Bash it out! :)

"Member of Noore"

• jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ya, I am in love with this game, but the stupid phasing. I understand its supposed to make you feel like you're influencing the world and stuff changes but i don't like how it segregates us. Its like TESO: Parallel Universes! Its the only major gripe i have with this game
  • Reuz
    Reuz
    Unfortunately with games on megaservers with as big a playerbase as ESO will soon have phasing is a necessity otherwise people will be stumbling all over eachother and messing up eachothers progress. Just wish they adapted phasing to put groups all in the same phase (unless they did and I missed it).

Thank you to those of you who answered my question about the Rings of Mara, not what I wanted to hear but at least I know now before I use them ^_^ have fun and see you on the field.
  • Lethal_Squ1rtz
    This is great for that person who has a mule/aka 2nd account that follows and defends the main character/account. Otherwise, only play with your girlfriend or wife or companion together, not solo... to make the rings work correctly.
  • meatloafed35
    I was wondering what the limits are of the rings XP bonus. How close do you have to be? Does the XP bonus only effect mobs or the quest XP as well? What if you complete a quest task and turn it in only after your partner went offline?

Thanks!