The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Authenicator

FloydWalker
First of all I had no idea to post this topic up. As a former World of Warcraft player I found it comfortable to have an authenticator on my account. For those who do not know what this is an authenticator can be installed on a smartphone or just a device that can hook up to a key chain that gives you a random set of numbers every few seconds. Which means every time you log in you have to put in those set of numbers. By the way that authenticator is set only for your account. I would love for Elder Scrolls Online to have an authenicator so I can keep my account safe.
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    This one agrees, an useful tool for the makers' coin-shop. People always are happy when they can touch what they paid coin for, and you get sense of security for free!
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • judas
    judas
    Soul Shriven
    Considering the game posts your login name in group and guild environments, they have effectively given hackers 1/2 the info they need to violate our accounts.
    This is a real consideration when posting credit card info on their site.
    Please address this ASAP Zenimax!
  • djodars
    djodars
    ✭✭✭
    An authenticator would be redundant with the current security system.

Every time your account is entered from a new IP, a special code is required that is sent to your email account.

Therefore, if you're using a different password for your email account and your ESO account, you're good to go.

No need for an authenticator over that.
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    djodars wrote: »

Every time your account is entered from a new IP, a special code is required that is sent to your email account.

Therefore, if you're using a different password for your email account and your ESO account, you're good to go.

This is true. Even after just changing the IP address on my computer due to network configs, it asked me to enter the code it sent me.
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    This is more annoying than an authenticator, though....
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • profcinders
    profcinders
    Soul Shriven
    Also less secure - way too many people use the same password for everything. If someone can access their ESO account, it's likely they'll also be able to access their email. A physical object owned by the account holder is much more secure.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is also human error and social engineering issues with relying only on a password.

CSR's have GIVEN the hacker my password with very little convincing on their end (they spoofed my email) due to the CSR not verifying the identify.

• FloydWalker

This is quite true, but World of Warcraft has the same thing when you log in with different ip adress. They still have authenicators though. Also if I mention you dont have to use it it's completely optional. Id just rather have more security on my account

• Deejah
    Deejah
    ✭✭
    I am kinda 50/50 on the authenticator. I mean it is a nice added protection feature to what they already have (which is better then what most MMORPGs do today), but at the same time I kinda know that if someone really wants to get into your account-- they are going to get into your account.

So would it be nice? Yes. Do I personally think its necessary? Not really.
    I feel rather safe with the system they have in place and that is all the little plastic is about--- adding more safety to the mind.

Though I do remember a time such things were not even required. :\
    "Dream the Impossible and conqueror the unknowns"
  • PatrickSwagzy
    android/iphone app. go go
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Seconded.
    Invictus EU Guild Officer