The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Some skills and ultimate abilities do not level up.

ZoM_Head
ZoM_Head
✭✭✭✭
I tested this yesterday, i spent one skilll point on crystal shard and after using it for a few minutes it went from 1 to 4.

The skill that is taking forever to level up from 1-4 is Blessing of Protection (Restoration staff). I spammed it on so many low health players during dark anchors and world bosses, it sits now on 3 after hours and hours.

Also the Overload ultimate sometimes never got charged, despite spamming storm calling abilities.

Now, sometimes when I exit the game and wait a few seconds before relaunching it, the ultimate ability would recharge normally.

Did anyone experience this? some skills from 1-4 take forever to level up and some are in a blink of an eye?
mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Self1sh
    Self1sh
    I had assumed that if a skill doesn't level up, it just meant that it's already at it's maximum potential.
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, skills don't gain levels on use, they gain levels when you get regular experience. The best way to do this is simply do quests with it on your bar.

As for the ultimate, it gets some charge when you damage enemies (doesn't mattet what skills you use) but it gains a significant portion from kills.
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    Self1sh wrote: »
    I had assumed that if a skill doesn't level up, it just meant that it's already at it's maximum potential.

The maximum level for a skill is 4. You also get an experience bar for level four, which allows you to morph the skill once full.
    Edited by Teloran on April 4, 2014 9:43AM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

No no no, i mean to get to the morph option.
    Teloran wrote: »
    Firstly, skills don't gain levels on use, they gain levels when you get regular experience. The best way to do this is simply do quests with it on your bar.

As for the ultimate, it gets some charge when you damage enemies (doesn't mattet what skills you use) but it gains a significant portion from kills.

I know how the leveling system works. did you read what i posted? when i close the game and relaunch it a few seconds later, everything works fine. But then it stops leveling/charging the ultimate from time to time.
    Teloran wrote: »

The maximum level for a skill is 4. You also get an experience bar for level four, which allows you to morph the skill once full.

Correct, some skills do not reach the morph level, despite me spamming it, where other skills hit the morph option from hardly any work.

It is as if the server stopped getting the data for the skills.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    As I said, spamming a skill does not give you experience with it. In fact, just killing stuff in general gives you very little experience and healing doesn't give you any experience at all unless the othet people are in your group. Hence my recommendation that you do quests instead of spamming heals on randoms at dark anchors.