The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

First Time Install Download Speed

Hirewinz
Hirewinz
Hello just wondering why the download speed is running so slow? ....I usually run 25 mb/S

Please respond I can't play the awesome game I want to :)

Is there a NEW Launcher?
Edited by Hirewinz on April 4, 2014 7:44AM
  • Hirewinz
    Hirewinz
    Only 17% in been at this for about 3-4 hours already
  • baiberino
    baiberino
    I've been downloading for 4 days now and I'm only on 19% running on average 300-400kb/s pls send help I missed out on my pre-order early playing time because the download is taking a million years. Anyone know why it's so anciently slow?? I have ADSL2+ broadband with 200GB free data it shouldn't be this freaking slow
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hirewinz wrote: »
    Hello just wondering why the download speed is running so slow? ....I usually run 25 mb/S

Please respond I can't play the awesome game I want to :)

Is there a NEW Launcher?
    There is a new ZOS_Install available from the Account page when you click Download Mac client which was changed about five days before Early Access. If you have the older version I suggest downloading and trying that one.

Not sure why that is. Generally I can download at full speed (at a whopping264kb/s via 2MB DSL). Some times it is slow for a small patch when it's just updated.

They updated the list of ports that need to be open for ESO here. Worth doing;
    WHAT PORTS DO I NEED TO OPEN TO ACCESS THE GAME?
    Updated 03/25/2014 08:07 PM Published 02/15/2013 07:46 PM

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online, players should configure their routers to open the following ports:

Ports 24100 through 24131
    Ports 24500 through 24507
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1133

They don't state but it should be both TCP & UDP opened. Not sure if these ports cover the Launcher install also as they don't specific that.

Try shutting down the Mac, reboot the router and reboot.

If possible try connecting direct to the router or via Ethernet from your Mac to discount WIFI issues.

Are you in a college or location which may have network management?

You could also try a different DNS. They use a cloud type CDN to distribute the install and it might give point to another seed file. Stop download before changing and quit Launcher.
    Change DNS

On the Mac, to change the DNS server IP addresses go to:

System Preferences > Network > Advanced… > DNS

Note the existing ones usually automatically added by your ISP then change them for the Google ones of other you prefer. Remember to Apply changes after clicking OK when done.

Google: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

You can also try to Renew the DHCP lease:

System Preferences > Network > Select the network you are connected to (indicated by green circle)> Click Advanced > Click Renew DHCP Lease
    Edited by Moonraker on April 4, 2014 5:04PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    baiberino wrote: »
    I've been downloading for 4 days now and I'm only on 19% running on average 300-400kb/s pls send help I missed out on my pre-order early playing time because the download is taking a million years. Anyone know why it's so anciently slow?? I have ADSL2+ broadband with 200GB free data it shouldn't be this freaking slow
    @baiberino try the suggestions above.