Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Yet another crafting question

MaxBat
MaxBat
✭✭✭
So if I make a sword with a Khajiit character (and in the Khajiit style), can I give it to another character with more skills and research to improve, or must that 2nd character have the Khajiit style to improve it?
"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    I made head gear then converted it to Imperial and got a warning saying that the item is account bound.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Right. I meant an alt character I created. This is my crafting alt, but he only has one style guide.
    Edited by MaxBat on April 4, 2014 6:56AM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    So if I make a sword with a Khajiit character (and in the Khajiit style), can I give it to another character with more skills and research to improve, or must that 2nd character have the Khajiit style to improve it?

Dont need the khajiit style, you can improve any item in the game, even those from drops.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Jeddahwe wrote: »
    I made head gear then converted it to Imperial and got a warning saying that the item is account bound.

Converting items to imperial will bind it to you, but crafting items (even in the imperial style) doesn't. The convert to imperial is an IE specific ability, so they don't want you trading that (even if it is to yourself).
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    MaxBat, RaZaddha is correct, anyone with skill and material can upgrade item. If Max would like to learn other styles, it must complete the race main quest line. This is also true for imperial as they will have line later on but this is from mill of rumors.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.