Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

will this graphics card run eso on high settings without issue? how much fps?

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a GTX 570 with an i7 2600k cpu.

Everything is maxed out and my FPS is a steady 60.

No clue what the minimum you could use would be and still retain that.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • glamorousskies
    Sarenia wrote: »

i was the guy asking about tech stuff along time ago, i don't know what you just said (i think i had a convo with you) you're gunna have to dumb that down. i was just gunna buy this one
  • bengtssonericb16_ESO
    No you wont run smooth on max. I have a r9 280x and i run smooth on max. But in heavy populated areas i go down to 30-40 fps. But in low i get around 80-90. I want around 60 fps. In heavy pvp i have to lower some settings. I run an fx-6350 4,4 ghz oc and 8 Gb ddr3.
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭

Really? That seems odd.

I'm on a i5 2500k, with a GTX 770. With everything maxed out, I definitely dip below 60 fps. Though it's most assuredly playable, it seems hard to believe you get perpetual 60 fps.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    UnknownXV wrote: »

Really? That seems odd.

I'm on a i5 2500k, with a GTX 770. With everything maxed out, I definitely dip below 60 fps. Though it's most assuredly playable, it seems hard to believe you get perpetual 60 fps.

^ I have a 2600k with a GTX 780 and I can easily get down to the 40's, even the 30's in highly player populated areas.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    none of your responses are helpful in the least bit. You all win an award for providing useless answers.

Can I trade my award in for a cookie? Maybe some moon sugar?

But if it's a serious answer you're looking for, here's one: that graphics card is absolutely horrid. The absolute minimum I might suggest is a Nvidia GTX 750 Ti.
    Edited by darkkterror_ESO on April 4, 2014 9:35AM
  • glamorousskies
    none of your responses are helpful in the least bit. You all win an award for providing useless answers.

But if it's a serious answer you're looking for, here's one: that graphics card is absolutely horrid. The absolute minimum I might suggest is a Nvidia GTX 750 Ti.

right, my question is this. my computer has an AMD phenom 2 x6 processor and it's motherboard is studio xps 7100. (i think thats the motherboard) and it has 6gb ram. and the graphics card in it right now is ati radeon 5670. i am getting 30 fps on high. that is a 3 year old graphics card.i figure if i get the one i posted i will easily be able to play on high with a decent fps, because my friend has a very similar one. So how is that one horrid? My main question was this- will The specific specs i just listed be able to play the graphics card i linked without using too many watts or being too much for my computer? Also my power supply is 460 watts and 12 volt.

BUT it only has a 4 prong connector thing, and the one i linked was a 6 prong. so will i need an adaptor for that ? Also i meant to link to the r7 260x not 250 so it's a bit better.
  • bengtssonericb16_ESO

Dude.... You asked if it would run on max settings. A assume you want it to run and be playable. I told you it wont run good at max with that card.
    I answerd what you asked.
    Don't be rude because you don't get the answer you want.
  • glamorousskies

Dude.... You asked if it would run on max settings. A assume you want it to run and be playable. I told you it wont run good at max with that card.
    I answerd what you asked.
    Don't be rude because you don't get the answer you want.

i said high settings. and did you throw a random guess out (which im guessing, cause my friend has a similar card and has NO problem)Just because it isn't some nerded out 500$ graphics card literally means nothing. I know people that have 1000$ computers that can play this game on high settings no prob.
  • sbanned_501005
    I HAVE A GTX 650 2GB RAM RUN HIGH ON SETTINGS,AND MAYBE THE 40MB INTERNET CONNECTION HELPS,GAME PROFILER FOR GAMEPAD ANDIM LEVEL 6!!!HAPPY AS HELL NO BOUNS ITEM YET....
  • bengtssonericb16_ESO
    Then buy it. It just took my time and tried to help. It's not like i care if you waste your money.
  • glamorousskies

right, my question is this. my computer has an AMD phenom 2 x6 processor and it's motherboard is studio xps 7100. (i think thats the motherboard) and it has 6gb ram. and the graphics card in it right now is ati radeon 5670. i am getting 30 fps on high. that is a 3 year old graphics card.i figure if i get the one i posted i will easily be able to play on high with a decent fps, because my friend has a very similar one. So how is that one horrid? My main question was this- will The specific specs i just listed be able to play the graphics card i linked without using too many watts or being too much for my computer? Also my power supply is 460 watts and 12 volt.

BUT it only has a 4 prong connector thing, and the one i linked was a 6 prong. so will i need an adaptor for that ? Also i meant to link to the r7 260x not 250 so it's a bit better.

quoting myself, this is what i need answered.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? That seems odd.

CPU matters with graphics, sometimes as much as the GPU depending on how a game is programmed. Everquest 2 for example is extremely CPU heavy.

I overclock too. My i7 is running at 4.4ghz. My GPU is 800mhz / 2000 mhz memory.

2600k's are made to overclock and my GPU is lifetime warranty, so I think... why not? :)
    Edited by Sarenia on April 4, 2014 10:01AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    An Nvidia GTX 750 Ti typically performs better than a R7 260X, uses less power, doesn't require a separate power connector, and can be purchased at around the same price (~$150). It should also be a pretty significant upgrade over what you have now.
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also my power supply is 460 watts and 12 volt.

If your power supply doesnt supply the right power connectors for a newer gpu this whole discussion is obsolete.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Q8200 2.3ghz, 4gb RAM, gtx 680 2gb, and in the wild I see no frame stutter or anything. In heavy cities I lag cuz I play from China, but not because of my rig.

I don't get these builds, seem over kill to me. Cuz I play everything on ultra and max draw distance no problems. Just wish my connection was better.

Edt: My processor must be coming on 6/7 years old now.
    Edited by Mortelus on April 4, 2014 10:13AM
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭

Really? That seems odd.

CPU matters with graphics, sometimes as much as the GPU depending on how a game is programmed. Everquest 2 for example is extremely CPU heavy.

I overclock too. My i7 is running at 4.4ghz. My GPU is 800mhz / 2000 mhz memory.

2600k's are made to overclock and my GPU is lifetime warranty, so I think... why not? :)

I actually have my 2500k overclocked to 4.8 GHz. I also run a widget on my spare monitor which tracks my CPU usage in real-time while I play. It rarely gets above 50%. I don't think the problem is my CPU.
  • glamorousskies
    Feimerdre wrote: »
    Also my power supply is 460 watts and 12 volt.

If your power supply doesnt supply the right power connectors for a newer gpu this whole discussion is obsolete.
    i can just get an adaptor for the cable to plug it into my power supply?
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    The power supplys are designed to deliver a specified amount of reserved power over the lanes provided. If you start using adapters because your power supply doesnt support the lanes you might need it could happen that a specific device might demand too much power and overstress the designated lane.
    If you want my personal opinion: never work with adapters in a PC environment if you want all devices work as they are designed.
  • glamorousskies
    The power supplys are designed to deliver a specified amount of reserved power over the lanes provided. If you start using adapters because your power supply doesnt support the lanes you might need it could happen that a specific device might demand too much power and overstress the designated lane.
    If you want my personal opinion: never work with adapters in a PC environment if you want all devices work as they are designed.
    the specific graphics card i am looking at is a 6 pin graphics card. It states on the site it requires 300 watts. My psu has 460 watts. Doesn't that mean there will be no issue obviously? even if my power supply has a 4 prong. The prongs wouldn't matter because it has more then enough watts logically, correct?
    Edited by glamorousskies on April 4, 2014 11:18AM
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont get me wrong, but it is pretty obvious that you have no clue at all concerning building running and operating computers on hardware level.
    You do insist instead that everyone is convincing you as you "think" you know it all.
    So again:
    My personal opinion (and I am building computers for more than 20 years now): never work with adapters in a computer.

If you think you know better and have already made up your decision dont come here and ask for my time explaining you how much power every piece of you computer is consuming and how a power supply is designed to serve this power.

Thank you.
    Edited by Feimerdre on April 4, 2014 11:21AM
  • glamorousskies
    Dont get me wrong, but it is pretty obvious that you have no clue at all concerning building running and operating computers on hardware level.
    You do insist instead that everyone is convincing you as you "think" you know it all.
    So again:
    My personal opinion (and I am building computers for more than 20 years now): never work with adapters in a computer.

If you think you know better and have already made up you decision dont come here and ask for my time explaining you how much power every piece of you computer in consuming and how a power supply is designed to serve this power.

Thank you.

You can't say something like that and not come off as snobby and offensive. Experience is good but doesn't necessarily mean you are jimmy neutron. I am asking if this statement is correct. = it states online the graphics card i want requires 300 watts. my power supply has 460 watts. therefore i can use that graphics card.
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave you every answer on that question before.
    It is pretty obvious that you did not understand what I was saying.
    This has nothing to do with being snobby or offending.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

I had a hd6850 which about the same as the R7 260 and I also have a i5-3570K which is probably faster than your cpu. In the beta I had to play on medium graphics to get a consistently decent framerate.

I upgraded my gpu to a gtx 760 and I can now run the game smoothly on ultra, although it seems to runs somewhat better on high (even though fraps shows +60 fps on ultra).

In short, I think that set up will let you play on medium settings with a smooth framerate, and on high settings fps could dip a bit but be playable depending on your tolerance for lower framerates.

You can get adapters for 4 prong molex to 6 prong pci-e connectors, and one might even come with the card.

• Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    You can get adapters for 4 prong molex to 6 prong pci-e connectors, and one might even come with the card.

See, here comes the absolution you asked for.
  • glamorousskies

you said it could demand to much power cause my psu doesn't support it. How could it demand too much power if i have enough power. makes no logical sense. "hey man you can't buy that with 4 apples it takes 3 apples you understand now?" that is what you are saying
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭

you said it could demand to much power cause my psu doesn't support it. How could it demand too much power if i have enough power. makes no logical sense. "hey man you can't buy that with 4 apples it takes 3 apples you understand now?" that is what you are saying

If you tell me what I say you should quote me correctly.
    I did by NO means say that your psu does not have enough power.
    What i said instead was: "it could happen that a specific device might demand too much power and overstress the designated lane."

If you want to see if your psu is capable of delivering enough power for a 300w gpu you have to look in the psu's specification for the gpu lane.
    The psu delivers 460w maximum (of wich normally only 70-75% are really reached, there are newer ones that provide >80% and they have a special label most of the cases). Your cpu will need power, as well as does any attached device including usb ports.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its very difficult to give you an answer, not having built your PC.

I built my system three years ago and still play all games on ultra, all that for just 700 bucks. However, I have some knowledge about the matter so this is to be expected + the gaming hardware in the past three years almost didn't age due the console generation.

As for your problem OP,

the card is sadly a low budget card, not suited for gaming. Yes you can play, but I doubt its worth 90 bucks. You can get older cards with a lot more power, like the 69xx series of Readon or the 660 GTX of Nvidia.

My 6970 is three years old, did cost 200 bucks and together with my other components runs every game on Ultra, including TESO with max view distance. No lags or drops, a steady gaming experience.

If you look for a card make sure your PSU can handle it, keep in mind you don't only have a GPU, but also other parts. Make sure the connectors are the right ones, we do have mainboards that don't support PCI 3 or the card might be to big for your case.
    Also important is the noise, how noisy is the card. Is your cooling system able to keep your components cool with a hot GPU and I tell you, some cards have a horrible cooling system and will make your system overheat easily if you don't have a good cooling solution in your Case.

All these things only you know, that's why telling you "do this / yes it works, no it doesn't", isnt possible for us.

Check what is compatible with your current hardware and then go and look for a card and come back to us. If you are not firm with PC´s, I highly advice that you consult a shop or a forum based on hardware discussions, don't try to lay hands on your PC if you don't know how.
  • glamorousskies
    which card is better -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125497

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125503

also are both of those significantly better then the ati radeon 5670 i have?>
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭

glamor, if I'm reading this right, you are using the following:

AMD Phenom II x6
    studio xps 7100 main board
    6 BG of RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5670
    and a 460w PSU?

This is what I see wrong with this. Your system is a pre built Dell store brand PC. With that, your hardware is pretty proprietary for your system, and it will be running at Dell level quality, which is pretty bad (They've gotten in trouble with this multiple times, Google it). That means your systems specs may look pretty nice on paper, but if you really look at it internally you will realize the following:
    -The processor is a low wattage bottom barrel version of what it could be.
    -The memory is a cheaper quality brand
    -The video card is built on to the main board. With it being this way, it uses shared memory with your main systems memory. If you spent the extra money for the video card upgrade, they probably placed a low wattage card in there (Everything depends on how much you spent).
    - Your power supply is only 460W. True, at lower wattage, power supplies have a higher efficiency, but 460W PSU is LITERALLY just enough for your system without pushing it to the edge. Your CPU itself takes between 95w and 125w, and your main board with the GPU chip can take around 100-200w, and then you have to factor in your memory, your optical drives, and your hard drive. You're pushing it right there.

If you go and buy a new video card, it WILL push your system over the edge and it will do 1 of 2 things. It will constantly shut your system down, or your system will stutter itself to the point you want to break it.

If you get this graphics card, I highly suggest, no, IMPLORE you buy a better power supply.

Also, your new video card WILL require more power, so it needs the dedicated power from the PSU, that is what the 6 pin is. They DO sell converters that make 2 4-pins into 1 6-pin. They aren't expensive, and most times the video card will have one come with it.

Again, I seriously doubt your PSU can handle the new video card. I suggest you upgrade that as well.
    Edited by Kyosji on April 4, 2014 12:05PM