Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help with 30 days free

BMW217
BMW217
Soul Shriven
Can I activate my subscription plan after early access, take my free 30 days, then cancel my plan without and charge to my credit card? Then reactivate the plan months later? Thanks
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer is yes, but I believe you still have to give them your credit card information.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BMW217

Yes, I did this. I don't like autopay with luxury items, so I cancel that and manually re-sub on demand.

It's more like 29 days though. If you had 5 day early access you seem to get cheated out of a day. But it's not a big deal.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 4, 2014 5:22AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    @BMW217

Yes, I did this. I don't like autopay with luxury items, so I cancel that and manually re-sub on demand.

It's more like 29 days though. If you had 5 day early access you seem to get cheated out of a day. But it's not a big deal.

• ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    I screwed up the quoting. Anyway, if you had early access your subscription starts on the 6th. So you get a few extra days, not short a day as Sarenia claimed
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BMW217 wrote: »
    Can I activate my subscription plan after early access, take my free 30 days, then cancel my plan without and charge to my credit card? Then reactivate the plan months later? Thanks

The answer is yes, and you don't even have to wait for 30 days before cancelling. You can cancel subscription 1 day after launch, you will still be able to play for the rest of the free 30 days, and only lose access at the point where your credit card would otherwise be charged.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I screwed up the quoting. Anyway, if you had early access your subscription starts on the 6th. So you get a few extra days, not short a day as Sarenia claimed

I'm no liar, thank you very much. Since a picture is worth a thousand words...

Untitleddaf_zps9dab77e1.jpg

I have the Digital Imperial edition, with 5 days early access. You can see the IE box in that picture.

Note the '29 days remaining'.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 4, 2014 6:03AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Cags
    Cags
    delete
    Edited by Cags on April 4, 2014 6:24AM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's bit confusion around that 29 days... How I see it is you have 29 days left (currently you are on that 30th day).

Anyways for pre-orders with early access think it was said somewhere that we get 1 day extra as there were so many maintenance breaks during our early access.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    I think there's bit confusion around that 29 days... How I see it is you have 29 days left (currently you are on that 30th day).

Anyways for pre-orders with early access think it was said somewhere that we get 1 day extra as there were so many maintenance breaks during our early access.

Well, 5 days early access should be like this...
    Mar. 30-Mar. 31 = day 1
    Mar. 31-Apr. 01 = day 2
    Apr. 01-Apr. 02 = day 3
    Apr. 02-Apr. 03 = day 4
    Apr. 03-Apr. 04 = day 5
    30 day countdown shouldn't start until after this, at the end of Apr. 4, for 5 days.
    With a day added, it should start at the end of Apr. 5.

Maybe Zenimax uses a different calendar though. :P

Personally I couldn't care less about a day or two, but I'm just showing quantifiable evidence that appears, to me, to show 2+2 doesn't equal 4 right now.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 4, 2014 6:41AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]