Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Soul of The Elder Scrolls.

Umbra
Umbra
✭✭✭
Hi all! I think, the game is pretty good, but I don't feel a 'spirit' of The Elder Scrolls... I asked myself: "why so?". Don't know. Maybe a million of little things makes Morrowind so magnificent? What can Zenimax add (in future updates or addons) to make TESO better? This is my list:

It's real:

- thiefs guild (i know, they'll add it)
- dark brotherhood (i know, they'll add it)
- witch covens (like in TES2:Daggerfal)
- vamire clans (like in TES3:Morrowind / "Immortal Blood")
- movable lights (candles, torches)
- slaves (like in TES3:Morrowind) (not for player, but as world object)

It's a dream:

- carriages (like in TES2:Daggerfal)
- more spells (like levitation, light, unlock etc...)
- more classes
- more alcohol/skooma/moon sugar
- necromancy
- spears, crossbows
- mudcrab-trader

What do you think?
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    With TES being so big I'm sure there is going to be many updates to come from what you say. I hope they ad at some point the dragon powers at some point would be fun to fus ra dah something in TESO :) Also I think with the system in place with this game they could make it more effective and useful than it was in skyrim. Also i really want to use a spear. Always liked spears/staff as weapons so it would be neat to see them in game.
    The King is Here!
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is plenty of scope to introduce things from Dagerfall, Arena and Morrowind but putting a 2014 spin on them.

Having said that, I'd rather have a more complete an in depth ESVI than I would ESO. I'd just like them to fix the problems that exist in ESO than anything else. I'm sure additional content later on will change the way the game feels though.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Umbra wrote: »
    Hi all! I think, the game is pretty good, but I don't feel a 'spirit' of The Elder Scrolls... I asked myself: "why so?". Don't know. Maybe a million of little things makes Morrowind so magnificent? What can Zenimax add (in future updates or addons) to make TESO better? This is my list:

It's real:

- thiefs guild (i know, they'll add it)
    - dark brotherhood (i know, they'll add it)
    - witch covens (like in TES2:Daggerfal)
    - vamire clans (like in TES3:Morrowind / "Immortal Blood")
    - movable lights (candles, torches)
    - slaves (like in TES3:Morrowind) (not for player, but as world object)

It's a dream:

- carriages (like in TES2:Daggerfal)
    - more spells (like levitation, light, unlock etc...)
    - more classes
    - more alcohol/skooma/moon sugar
    - necromancy
    - spears, crossbows
    - mudcrab-trader

What do you think?
    Um, most of these are in the game already, or will come soon. Also, some of these are not even universal to all Elder Scroll games.

Personally I find ESO does have the spirit of the Elder Scrolls in a way I just feel it does. But TES fans are a varied bunch, so that feeling is subjective.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Laerrus
    Laerrus
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some way to implement player mods in TESO, like III, IV and V had. I just don't see how that would be possible.

• murklor007neb18_ESO
    Well the thing is... The "soul" of Elder Scrolls is 20 years in the making now. I dont expect ESO to magically the equal the sum of all previous games in the series over night. The "million little things" in Morrowind wouldnt even exist without Daggerfall years before. Sure there are things missing compared to them, but then again ESO has so many features they didnt - online gameplay for one, lol.

ZOS have a foundation for something fantastic and should have income to see that dream come true. Its real simple what the goal of ESO is, in my mind:

- Create the entire world of Tamriel even if it take 10+ years
    - Add everything from previous games that made them great
    - Then add some more and make it the greatest online game so far

Only they can see it through. Players surely wont, there's always the next game on the horizon. I can throw my monthly subscription at them just as much as the next guy but its not exactly something I have a burning desire for. Only the game itself can maintain players. I wonder if ZOS have the will and the skill to keep us here. They can start with pleasing the entire roleplaying community by adding chat bubbles, lol.
    Edited by murklor007neb18_ESO on April 4, 2014 5:31AM
  • Umbra
    Umbra
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Um, most of these are in the game already, or will come soon. Also, some of these are not even universal to all Elder Scroll games.
    Yes, some things aren't universal to all TES games, but without of them I feel ESO... hm... 'incomplete'. In my opinion ESO is an union of all TES games by idea.
  • Kelara
    Kelara
    Soul Shriven
    Again, it's just my opinion, but to me it does feel like Elder Scrolls. I was relieved because I wasn't sure if it would. Now, all your ideas are good (except no slaves please) and will make it richer over time, as will new areas. I'm really curious about how many people are fans of the series and joined because of that, and how that will shift long-term.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    It's just because it's an MMO. There was a decent article on Forbes from a TES fan on the differences. I think for TES gamers, the fact that the world isn't centred on you would come as a major change and some will adapt to it better than others.
  • Umbra
    Umbra
    ✭✭✭
    Kelara wrote: »
    Now, all your ideas are good (except no slaves please) and will make it richer over time, as will new areas.

I respect your opinion, but why do you think that slavery in the game is bad idea? Did you read "Last Scabbard of Akrash"? It's a lore-friendly idea.

I don't endorse slavery and things like that.

But why a lot of bad things (of real world) are hiden from us in modern videogames? I don't think that slavery in Morrownd or Fallout 2 (3) was awful. It's a good idea to create new quest line (something like "Order of the Lamp"). And I don't speak only about slavery. World of ESO is too clear, bright and heroic. Where are betrayals, poverty, racism, vice? It's a war. That's what I mean.
    Edited by Umbra on April 4, 2014 8:29AM
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    Ri'Dariit would like to ride a Silt-Strider in Morrowind. Pre-defined path is fine.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think ZOS brought TES to us as ESO, soul intact. Yes, certain game mechanisms aren't around for ESO, but what can you expect? This game is about WE not about I.

All I know is that I got to kick it with Alamalexia, and that was amazing.
    8OXsJTt.png