Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can someone explain Dark Anchors to me?

Johnny_NO_skillz
Johnny_NO_skillz
✭✭✭
I'm a little confused on their purpose. I've participated in two already, but I don't feel like I really gained anything other than some experience for the Fighters' Guild. Is that all they are used for? Does the FG experience come from just killing the daedra or actually closing the anchor itself?

Is this the only way to gain FG experience, does doing FG quests get you some?

How often do they appear? Once every hour, few times a day?

Thanks guys!
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Their purpose is a good amount of exp, for yourself and the fighters guild. They also have the chance of spawning a rare named mob I believe, which can have some pretty good drops.

You get fighters guild exp from killing any daedra or undead in the world, doesn't have to be at an anchor.

Not sure on the last one, since I haven't really been doing them during early access, but I'd assume it'd spawn again 30 - 60 minutes after it was last closed.
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    Xionar answered the first two pretty well but for the last one I don't think we know what triggers them yet. I've seen them trigger only like 10 minutes after one goes down but the issue was getting the enemies to spawn, think it might be still a bit buggy.
    The King is Here!
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    Anchors have event tricker them but you want to see it your self. I made some testing at Auridons first acnhor during beta and spawn time was about 10 to 15 mins, 20:10 kicks you out for inactivity.

Some times anchor didn't have required npc's to launch event and whole thing got stuck on starting point so there is still small bugs in it, but usually if you did /bug to report missing event it got fixed bit later.
    Edited by Frosthawk on April 4, 2014 6:12AM
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester