Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Starting the game.

Artis
Artis
✭✭✭✭✭
I received my code from GMG, but now I don't see, how I get first 30 days free(so that later I can decide if I want to pay the subscription).
So far what I see is that I can't proceed without choosing the subscription. But as far as I understand(my experience with Blizzard), I will be charged immediately and then every time in the beginning of the period(month,3,6).

The questions is - how do I redeem my 30 days without paying? I mean, they are supposed to be free, aren't they?
Should I just proceed with whatever subscription I chose and count on them charging me in the beginning of the second month starting the subscription? Because I'm afraid I will be charged once I finish and confirm the subscription.

Also, did anyone do it? Redeemed the code? What happened? Did they charge you?
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    ::sigh:: Every single subscription MMO out there works like this. You have to provide a valid credit card to register your account. You are then free to remove it from the payment options afterword but you don't get access without providing that.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alyrn_Grey. Weird reaction for a forum for new players...
    I see no troubles providing my information. I want to know, if they will charge me... Because tabs there "4.Payment and Review" and "5.Confirmation" make me think, that I will pay...
    Starting new addon in WoW, though, would just give you your free month. And here, it's not that I give them my card info... I have to choose the subscription plan. And that bothers me.
    http://imgur.com/FLK9ASs
    I can't just give the card info, as you can see.

So can you answer if I get to actually pay right now or not? Or do I just choose the subscription and fill in info, but don't get charged? (instead of sighing and giving the attitude? :) ). Thank you.
    Edited by Artis on April 4, 2014 3:04AM
  • McNicholas10
    I would imagine that they won't charge you. If they do just contact support and have it refunded.
    All the dude ever wanted was his rug back. It really tied the room together.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    What they do is check to see if a charge would go through then cancel it. At that point your account is good for 30 days and you aren't charged until the end of that period if you don't cancel.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your responses, guys.
    I have a "pending" transaction. So... My money is gone.
    Cancelled subscription, but still no money on my account balance. And no subscription. So what did I pay for?

I hope, they cancel it from their side.. We'll see.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    you should not have been charged ( I was not) the pending could just be the check to make sure it is a legit payment method. Most companies do some sort of a pending charge either for 1 dollar or the sub cost which wil drop off of your card after a few days. I know I should a pending charge as well but I also received an email from ESO saying I will not be charged till my 30 days are up. The subscription should show on your account also it should show purchased games and account status recurring.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!