The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher issue FIX!!!

Tiitus
Tiitus
✭✭✭✭
I did a restore previous version on my launcher file which brought up the ZOS file with the game client exe and the launcher exe from 4/2/14.. i deleted the files from today and replace them with the 4/2/14 files.. im patching now will update when it is finished.

hope this helps.

Edit: this worked perfectly.. the patch updated cleanly with no problems, i dont know what caused it to delete the game files before but this time around it performed normally. my guess would be we jumped on the patch too soon before they gave the go head.

Edit: this whole process took 30 mins tops. better than a 4hr redownload
Edited by Tiitus on April 4, 2014 12:02AM
  • Tiitus
    Tiitus
    ✭✭✭✭
    just so ppl will see this
  • Somethindarker
    I've tried to use the bypass with running eso.exe as administrater and it gives me a Fatal Client Error (Error 12) message. This is not cool.
  • Tiitus
    Tiitus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long story short the Launcher is the issue, if you do not have a back up of an earlier version of the launcher.exe and eso.exe (i got lucky and had a back up of the files) then you will have to do a clean install of both files aka completely uninstall the elderscrolls online or the bugged launcher will delete the eso.exe files again.
  • synbios128
    4 hours to download over 23 gigs? I am so impress!
  • Vancelot
    Vancelot
    Went old school and tried installing from CE physical media. Less than 1GB to download ...... patch and BAM! That did it.
    Edited by Vancelot on April 5, 2014 6:40AM