Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Weapon types

Gardugo
Gardugo
Is there any difference betwen different weapon types (swords, axes, daggers...) besides what you find in skills? I.e. are daggers faster than swords which are faster than axes e.t.c?
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    weapons are made to be interchangeable depending on your preference. There are skills that will increase speed, damage etc, but beyond that I believe what you see is what you get.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Here http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons are tables of all the weapons showing all of their values. As far as I can tell all 1H are the same and all 2H are the same.

Cas
  • Gardugo
    Gardugo
    Thanks
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same stats but some passives will perform differently depending on type. I know at least 2h has a passive that does different things if you have a maul, battle axe or greatsword.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    So basically if I have two daggers as opposed to two swords, I'll be pretty much doing the same thing (since daggers are classed as swords), right?

Which is nice for me because dual wielding daggers looks better to me than dual wielding swords.
  • Gardugo
    Gardugo
    Castielle wrote: »
    Here http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons are tables of all the weapons showing all of their values. As far as I can tell all 1H are the same and all 2H are the same.

Cas

If you look at this link that seems to be the case.
  • maniacal1
    maniacal1
    ✭✭
    Kinda disappointing to see how little variety there is in weapon and armor styles...I doubt every Dunmer sword is forged the same, or Breton plate. The racial styles should be more about resource used and cosmetics, not just one uniform outfit.

Hopefully they add more in the future.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    maniacal1 wrote: »
    Kinda disappointing to see how little variety there is in weapon and armor styles...I doubt every Dunmer sword is forged the same, or Breton plate. The racial styles should be more about resource used and cosmetics, not just one uniform outfit.

They do alter depending on the material used within the racial motif. They even alter (in terms of color) as you change the amount of material you put into it in one tier.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no difference telling between weapons within category's like 1h/2h etc etc.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maniacal1 wrote: »

There is a tinting difference based on level. But yes, it seems unlikely they would not add more styles. Remember folks, this was just released - I am very happy with the motif/style system at launch.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    I like that so far most items are very realistic and fit well onto characters and the world. No two-ton shoulderpads with flaming towers on top. Though later on I do hope we get to see some more high fantasy stuff like swords and armor that someone actually bothered to polish. ;)