Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

DragonKnight with Staff?

jocnerb14_ESO
Ok I saw few videos of lvl 50 Dragons fighting with staffs.... what do you guys think of that?
  • XXII
    XXII
    I don't think anything. It's just as viable as a Dragon Knight with a Sword and Shield.

If the Dragonknight is wearing 5 pcs of light armor and 2 pcs of heavy armor, uses either staff, and runs with the Ardent Flame skill line as well as the Dracronic Power, you can have a pretty tanky AOE mage.
    Edited by XXII on April 3, 2014 9:37PM
    - Criminal Scum
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not level 50 yet, but I'm enjoying playing one. The abilities work with DK class skills well.
  • Denssor
    Denssor
    ✭✭
    Dragonknights can make really nice mages. Sorcerers can make good tanks. It all depends on which skills you use together and how you play your character.

As long as they fill there desired role in the group, I see no problem with how they choose to achieve it.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hehehe , i saw force playing that.

It appeared to be just OP.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Illud_Vindicare
    Talking about viable, I wonder what the community acceptance will be. Like for example our "tank" walking in group with a staff. That euh will raise questions by many more traditional MMO players.
  • larimous
    larimous
    I love the aspect that your not just tied to heavy armor and sword and board as a tank
  • XXII
    XXII
    Talking about viable, I wonder what the community acceptance will be. Like for example our "tank" walking in group with a staff. That euh will raise questions by many more traditional MMO players.

Honestly, it's been fine so far, which is surprising. I've only had two instances where my choices were questioned by another. One was because my Nightblade was heavy armor and the other was in Beta when I was asked why my two hander Dragonknight was wearing light armor. Not sure what launch will be like, but my hope is we can run non cookie-cutter classes without being criticized, which seems likely.
    - Criminal Scum
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Zenimax needs to update the homepage for the game and show some of the versatility available like Sorcerer Tank, DragonKnight Caster, Stealthy Templar, NightBlade Healer. These break the "Norm" what what we perceive for these "Templates" cause they really aren't classes per say as we think in regular MMO's ie WOW.