Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armor Preview

ericnsmith_1979b14_ESO
ericnsmith_1979b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Ok so with everyone scurrying around the cities looking for Motif's and with so many looks to choose from, I'd really like to see an armor/weapon preview (option or addon). I'd like to see the option from my crafting window before I craft something and also to gear I already have in my bags.
  • Vallant
    Vallant
    This would be a nice feature. I'm sure we'll see it at some point down the road.
  • malinhares
    malinhares
    Soul Shriven
    I'm really interested in that as well.
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the icons already do look a lot like what they'll look like on your character. They're lacking, I'll admit, but they do give a rough idea of actual appearance. -Save for the coloring.

Can't tell you how disappointed I was when I made Bosmer heavy armor and it wasn't green..
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    would be nice if you could hover over the icon armor and st least get a bigger version, or best if they could add s dressing room preview option.
  • Draaconis
    Draaconis
    ✭✭
    If you watch the item you are crafting when you scroll through the different motif gems, you will see them change into what they will look like when crafted.
  • Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    Armor preview should be a given in any MMORPG.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armors are so old... its all about disguises nowaday!
    +1 to OP anyway, previewing upgrades (the colour of the armor changes) would be useful too.
    Edited by Gisgo on April 30, 2014 6:18AM
  • julioub17_ESO3
    julioub17_ESO3
    Soul Shriven
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Armors are so old... its all about disguises nowadays!
    +1 to OP anyway, previewing upgrades (the color of the armor changes) would be useful too.

Thats totally what I'm doing.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd like to see "Dyes" and "Highlighting" options.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they have dyes and armor previews added at some point. I can't believe they aren't in the game already. This is 2014 correct? Disguises...need more plz!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • slester6
    slester6
    Soul Shriven
    Dyes LOL I hope not people get really out of control on there out landish dyes
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did /feedback a request for pvp camo costumes tho. I think this would add a pretty cool tactical element in pvp.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • DukeofChutney
    Tieberion wrote: »
    would be nice if you could hover over the icon armor and st least get a bigger version, or best if they could add s dressing room preview option.
    The icon thing wouldn't work. It needs to be a full on preview similar to TORs. Different level armor looks different, quality level also effects colour, so just an icon won't do justice.
    ~Natharon~
    Heroes in a Half Shell
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want dyes because I have a Khajiti Nightblade in medium Khajiti Armour which is a pastel green. It bugs me. I'm not talking about a full Palette either I think most would be satisfied with Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple and Black with the option of Light, Medium and Dark (Where "Light" Black is White).
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 30, 2014 10:57PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Dyes and Tinting are coming for Armour according to the latest updates.

• Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Dyes and Tinting are coming for Armour according to the latest updates.
    Yay! I like being able to pick my own colours. :)

Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • Kelsaik
    Kelsaik
    ✭✭
    Ok as long as you cant use neon green/purple whatever.
  • kevin.hirdb14_ESO
    kevin.hirdb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Black and camouflage would get really irritating in pvp. I'd rather keep those two out, but Really, Desperately need there to be an armor preview. Because the generic 80 pixel preview really doesn't cut it.
    Said preview also needs to have a gender toggle, because the armors change quite a bit from male to female models.