Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblade OP?

Kirky
Kirky
✭✭✭
Just rolled my first character and got to level 23, so far I've noticed that being a siphoning Nightblade with a bow is utterly brilliant when it comes to DPS. The initial burst is outstanding! dropped some bosses down to 30% health before they even got a chance of coming near me. Is it just my rotation or are other people seeing the same amazing bursts of damage?
@Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Done right Nightblade is pretty powerful. And hitting a target from sneak with a hard shot really chips that health away.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade: Amazing burst DPS.
    Nightblade: Bad group synergy.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stealth can be quite nice, but there are a number of quests where mobs are spawned aggressive to you, so you don't get the chance to use your sneak attack. That was the only downside I found when playing one.
  • Kirky
    Kirky
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah @Seraseth that's the only time I've been nuked to death haha
    @Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Teleport from sneak. They never know what hit them.
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    No way this class is OP, it is just dps based class, but it is fairly balanced.

Getting boss to 30% before he reaches you? it depends on what lvl you are and that boss, i bet its some mini bots that is much lower level then you.
  • timebandit_b16_ESO
    timebandit_b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In beta I was torn between Night blade and Dragon Knight.

The reason I chose DK was because I dont like how stealth works in ESO at the moment..its...very limited. You only have 1 opener and the stealth sight cone to me is too wide.

Oh ...and the DK skills are friggin awsome and I love the group utillities and synergies and versatillities in the builds far more than you can do with a Nightblade.

If you're in doubt about what to make ....have fun with a DK :)
  • Kirky
    Kirky
    ✭✭✭
    Rasly wrote: »
    No way this class is OP, it is just dps based class, but it is fairly balanced.

Getting boss to 30% before he reaches you? it depends on what lvl you are and that boss, i bet its some mini bots that is much lower level then you.

I was level 19 when i was dropping the Glademist quest bosses. They're higher level by a lot haha.

@Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade is my favorite class right now. It's so fun to play... Overpowered? I'll let them decide on balance.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!