Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are they doing now?

Rasly
Rasly
✭✭
I mean, it is not an update, or some fix, so why on earth they had to put servers down for 3 hours? what are they doing now? it there some kind of an ritual that you have to perform?

Ttere were no down time when 3 day early access started, so why now?

I don't want to *** about, i just honestly want to know what is going on.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    they are activating their in game store and fixing the mail system they broke along with other things.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know, really. Maybe fixing some quest issues and things, maybe fixing some latency so that the servers can hold the launch, can't be a bad thing.

But there's always a reason, they wouldn't put down the servers unless it was worth it.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    They are cooking up some level 20 food for me cause
    im getting close to 20.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »
    they are activating their in game store and fixing the mail system they broke along with other things.
    Which they obviously aim to get right for launch.

/end of

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The following are changes that we are currently making in preparation for worldwide launch:
    • The official ESO store at store.elderscrollsonline.com will be switching over for launch. You will be able to select your preferred subscription plan and payment method.
    • The ability to upgrade from a Standard Edition to a Digital Imperial Edition will be available in the official ESO store.
    • The Palomino horse will be available for purchase from the official ESO store.
    • In-game mail is being turned back on.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    "Once the store, account system, and game come back online, you will see the following changes:
    The official ESO store at store.elderscrollsonline.com will be switching over for launch. You will be able to select your preferred subscription plan and payment method.
    The ability to upgrade from a Standard Edition to a Digital Imperial Edition will be available in the official ESO store.
    The Palomino horse will be available for purchase from the official ESO store.
    In-game mail is being turned back on."
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • Know
    Know
    Don't think they've said exactly what they are doing. It's really not uncommon for a game in early access to go down right before public launch though, just would've been nice to get more warning that it was planned.
    They shut down at ~2pm EDT for "3-4 hours" and the official launch is ~7pm EDT. Gives them a bit of a buffer if something goes wrong, yes?
    Persons appear to us according to the light we throw upon them from our own minds. -Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    This is what they're doing.
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    We don't know, really. Maybe fixing some quest issues and things, maybe fixing some latency so that the servers can hold the launch, can't be a bad thing.

But there's always a reason, they wouldn't put down the servers unless it was worth it.
    It cant be a fix, because it is not how it works. You fix the problem on test server first, then you update client and in this case there would be a patch note.

• Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    The following are changes that we are currently making in preparation for worldwide launch:
    • The official ESO store at store.elderscrollsonline.com will be switching over for launch. You will be able to select your preferred subscription plan and payment method.
    • The ability to upgrade from a Standard Edition to a Digital Imperial Edition will be available in the official ESO store.
    • The Palomino horse will be available for purchase from the official ESO store.

How about you fix fishing while your at it hmmm

I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone spilt something in a computer to cause the game to go down, we will understand.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭

So, basically, what Gina means is:

1. Eating Sweetrolls
    2. Brewing Skooma
    3. Drinking Ale
    4. Paying Reverence to Sithis

J/K All the best guys! I'm looking forward to this
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Rasly wrote: »
    It cant be a fix, because it is not how it works. You fix the problem on test server first, then you update client and in this case there would be a patch note.

You think they have time for that right now? PTS is closed right now anyway, so they need to push fixes on the fly. The game launches tomorrow.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get our items back, too? <_<
    ~ ♥ ~
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    Oh there is info in server status forum part, nice to know, next time ill look in there first.

Anyway thanks GinaBruno for reply.
  • ChezKurg
    ChezKurg

You think they have time for that right now? PTS is closed right now anyway, so they need to push fixes on the fly. The game launches tomorrow.

Actually the game launches in about 4 hours.... Once this maintenance is complete.
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    I mean, it is not an update, or some fix, so why on earth they had to put servers down for 3 hours? what are they doing now? it there some kind of an ritual that you have to perform?

Ttere were no down time when 3 day early access started, so why now?

I don't want to *** about, i just honestly want to know what is going on.

Unfortunately, PETA discovered that the servers were powered by caffeine-drugged hamsters. In order to rectify this horrible act, the hamsters were removed and the treadmills are now being made human sized in order to let the devs feel how it is to be made to run all day.

Justice for the hamsters!

P.S.: It's just some fixes that they were planning for a while, mail system, etc. Should only take a few hours unless they find some more mistakes they can fix right away as well.
  • Qutayba
    Qutayba
    ✭✭✭
    This is all totally normal for an MMO launch. In fact, this is one of the smoother launches I've seen, so far. I assure you the Zenimax staff will be firing on all cylinders for the next several days stomping out the inevitable fires.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whomever is running the System, you're pretty funny. I laughed at the
    'Everything is awesome!' yesterday.
    Edited by demendred on April 3, 2014 7:46PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • gusabrab16_ESO
    what is going on

Well, the players are all:
    20030430yu.gif

And the guys at ZOS are all
    tumblr_m4z2t28RWe1qe9eo3.gif

And Blizzard are all:
    2420250-3914436073-bruyd.gif
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was honestly about to pay $20 to upgrade from standard to imperial just for the horse; I'm glad we can buy it separately (& maybe for less).
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at forum being over capacity, I've had that message pop up about three times now. Don't worry though, they are getting a crack team of techs to look at the problem now.

factory_2096183c.jpg

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS