Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 44 Preview—Golden Pursuits"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
79inmy433ta9.jpg
Official Discussion Thread for "Update 44 Preview—Golden Pursuits"

"In addition to the Battlegrounds update, new Companions, and more, Update 44 also introduces Golden Pursuits, a new reward system that allows you to complete activities to earn additional in-game items, currencies, and collectibles."
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Kevin , any idea why the team chose to have the pursuit campaigns have up to "weeks or months" in between them? Why not continually have them one after the other?
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "We have data gathered from player feedback, and we review the performance of similar systems in ESO to inform the design and expected level of investment.

Where was this data actually gathered? I don't think I saw any official polls or forums threads that would support this. How was this feedback gathered?
    Generally, the activities will be very similar to what players have been seeing from Endeavors
    I just hope it's more rewarding than Endeavors. I don't feel like that system is truly designed to get more than just a few rewards. The seals are too slowly acquired to get many of the rewards and getting one reward often impacts future purchases. When we don't know the product rotation, it feels like we have to ration our seals.
    Our goal is to make sure playing with an active Golden Pursuit is both exciting and rewarding.
    Hopefully I can earn all of the rewards within the allotted timeframe. There's a large backlog of rewards that are completely unobtainable outside of limited-time windows. I hope this system is truly rewarding and not overly incentivized around the crown store. It would be nice to have one reward system that's not about the crown store in any way.

Overall, looking forward to this system. Definitely need something more to do.
    Edited by Destai on October 22, 2024 4:51PM
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I smell a random box generator at the end of the activity.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random number generators require constant feeding and attention. :smiley:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    "We have data gathered from player feedback, and we review the performance of similar systems in ESO to inform the design and expected level of investment.

Where was this data actually gathered? I don't think I saw any official polls or forums threads that would support this. How was this feedback gathered?
    Generally, the activities will be very similar to what players have been seeing from Endeavors
    I just hope it's more rewarding than Endeavors. I don't feel like that system is truly designed to get more than just a few rewards. The seals are too slowly acquired to get many of the rewards and getting one reward often impacts future purchases. When we don't know the product rotation, it feels like we have to ration our seals.
    Our goal is to make sure playing with an active Golden Pursuit is both exciting and rewarding.
    Hopefully I can earn all of the rewards within the allotted timeframe. There's a large backlog of rewards that are completely unobtainable outside of limited-time windows. I hope this system is truly rewarding and not overly incentivized around the crown store. It would be nice to have one reward system that's not about the crown store in any way.

Overall, looking forward to this system. Definitely need something more to do.

I feel like the goal was to do something similar to WoW's trading post, which is exciting, continuous, very fleshed out and gives you a variety of rewards to choose from outside of the capstone reward. Seems a little undercooked currently and I'd love to hear more about their design decisions like why there's so much time in between or if we'll get unique rewards rather than previous crown store items.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey @ZOS_Kevin , any idea why the team chose to have the pursuit campaigns have up to "weeks or months" in between them? Why not continually have them one after the other?

It gives flexibility to the kinds of pursuits that are possible. Some will be shorter and some will be longer. But the idea is to allow for flexibility. We have also heard from players that having something go on one after another can create fatigue. So we are trying to account for that.

We can always ask if the team has the ability to do a longer deep dive on the topic, if that is of interest.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand "weeks" so you dont make it just another chore but "months"?

What are they giving away in Golden Pursuits? RL gold?

As I see it by Zos saying months it might be 3-12 months and thats crazy but if thats true we should except some insane rewards...
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    XSTRONG wrote: »

I can understand "weeks" so you dont make it just another chore but "months"?

What are they giving away in Golden Pursuits? RL gold?

As I see it by Zos saying months it might be 3-12 months and thats crazy but if thats true we should except some insane rewards...

Nothing quite that long. The time length is always flexible, so we're not going to say there will never be a 12 month Golden Pursuit (I just can't definitely say that as I do not plan what the pursuits are). But when we note "months" we're generally talking about a long campaign being like maybe 2-3 months, around that timeframe.
    Staff Post