Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Zenimax Extra character slots please sell in cash shop for us players that love alts, and want more

Glithanes
Glithanes
✭✭
Zenimax,

I am and altholic so can you please add to your cash shop selling extra character slots 8 is not enough for me.
I would like to buy another 4 slots at like 10-15$ per slot extra this would be win/win for us players like me, as well as your company.

please add a suggestion forum slot.

thanks.
  • Know
    Know
    So far they've been pretty silent on what will be in the cash shop, but I expect this is already planned.
    In the old days, games chose not to do this to encourage people who need twice as many characters to have two accounts (which would be more profitable for them in the long run, I suppose). I don't expect they'll go that route though.
    Persons appear to us according to the light we throw upon them from our own minds. -Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    The game hasn't even been officially released yet to the masses and you already want more slots and want to spend more money? I'd suggest you create 8 more on the euro server but I know you'll complain that none of your friends will be there. That's the typical answer to that obvious response. I'd say why not let the game at the VERY least be released to the masses and then maybe consider waiting a few months then mention it again.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I am compelled to chime in with my discontent for a cash shop. I feel it opens the door for money hungry suits in upper management.

We already have gone through lighting torches and gathering pitchforks attune to the backlash from them giving into this type of marketing when they specifically stated that there will not be a cash shop.

It just comes rather sharp across the chin.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get two of each class... How can you possibly need more alts?
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭
    Each class has three skill lines, plus multiple skill lines for weapons and armor, plus different racial skill lines...I could probably use up eight slots with variations on a single class.
  • MisterToe
    MisterToe
    ✭✭
    This is a terrible idea. Buy a second copy of the game.
    "I wrote Bethesda in 1997 about them making an MMO, so yeah, i'm pretty passionate about this one." -MisterToe
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    You can get 300+ skill points with any one character. There's very little chance I would need more than 2 characters of any one class to have nearly all possible combinations.
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    Xionar wrote: »
    You can get 300+ skill points with any one character. There's very little chance I would need more than 2 characters of any one class to have nearly all possible combinations.

Exactly. The post comes off like an eso beancounter trying to drum up interest. The game isn't even out yet and someone wants to throw more money at them? LOL. It really would only take two maxed out characters to experience almost all of eso. If 8 weren't enough there is 8 more on the euro server. I don't get it.
  • Seneschel
    Seneschel
    ✭✭
    Know wrote: »
    So far they've been pretty silent on what will be in the cash shop, but I expect this is already planned.
    In the old days, games chose not to do this to encourage people who need twice as many characters to have two accounts (which would be more profitable for them in the long run, I suppose). I don't expect they'll go that route though.

They have recently mentioned that you can buy an in-game horse in the cash shop.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66587/eso-maintenance-4-3
    Edited by Seneschel on April 3, 2014 7:55PM
  • Nicsam
    Nicsam
    Soul Shriven
    I dont get it. If we pay a subscription why a cash shop? IF FTP then yes.
  • Rizbin
    Rizbin
    Soul Shriven
    There are 300 or so total skill points available sure, a good bit of which are available after level 50 when you can go to other factions zones. Re-spec costs are ridiculous at 100 gold per point so I can see why making an entirely new character is more time effective.
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    Nicsam wrote: »
    I dont get it. If we pay a subscription why a cash shop? IF FTP then yes.

This isn't a big deal it's obvious they'd do this for this one particular special [actually crappy] imperial horse. Too many people would have complained they don't get the special imperial horse. Reality is the imperial horse is just the cheapest horse there is. Buying it for real money or in game gold would be a waste. If people want to waste their time and money I can understand they'd be ok receiving it in this one case.

I wouldn't be ok with a bunch of other crap going up into a store though. The entire reason I'm buying into this game is that I much prefer a subscription model where everything is included in my monthly fee. I hate the nickel and dime them to death [or give them nothing] method of free to play mmo's].
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    This type of thing pushes games to F2P. Soon after that will come the armor sets that you wont have to find the secret station for and craft yourself, mounts that you have fully upgraded with no work involved, lore book sets...it goes on and on...give 'em an inch and they want the whole mile. Horrid idea. GONG!!!!!!
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    @Xionar‌ the morphs very much lock a character into a specific role, no matter how many skill points there are.
    So yeah, I can see myself eventually needing more than 8 slots to try out the possible different playstyles.
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    This type of thing pushes games to F2P. Soon after that will come the armor sets that you wont have to find the secret station for and craft yourself, mounts that you have fully upgraded with no work involved, lore book sets...it goes on and on...give 'em an inch and they want the whole mile. Horrid idea. GONG!!!!!!

Nah , that's just doomsaying. Your practically bringing it into reality just cause your so vividly expecting it to happen. I actually have a bit of faith in zenimax and I think they have more gaming integrity then any mmo creator out there today who all sold out. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and don't think what you say will happen.

If it does though I'll cancel my sub the very day it occurs. It hasn't gone on and on and on so your a negative nancy. It's pretty plausible why they'd allow this one horse to be bought the only other things for sale are subscriptions. This is coming from someone who will quit the day it even remotely get's to where you say it will for sure go. I think you assume it will go that way since every other crappy gaming co with no integrity took it there. We won't know of zen cares about the integrity of their game until we see how they handle it. My hope is they retain the integrity and don't sell it all down the river once the big dollar signs blind them. I'll keep hoping that until I see otherwise and that imperial horse being for sale is not one of those times.

• Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭

I perceive a qualitative difference between requesting more slots for characters to play, which there is currently no available mechanism to obtain, and your examples illustrating paying real money to obtain things that are already available in the game without spending time playing.

Also, I don't think the cash shop itself is what people are asking for, it just seems the more likely to actually happen compared to simply asking for more character slots :smile:
  • Laerrus
    Laerrus
    ✭✭✭
    If they do add more character slots, I'd much rather see them add them for everyone with a content expansion that contains a new race or class.

Mount's, pets and vanity items are fine in a cash shop but, If this game ever goes P2W / F2P, (gear sets, stat boosts, experience boosts, potions, etc.) I will take my subscription elsewhere.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    While this is probably the wrong forum for the OP, I think I can offer some explanation on why people might want this.

ESO probably has as many players coming from TES games as from MMOs. I'm not a TES player, but from what I've gathered, a big part of the enjoyment of those games is building various characters. It's not like building characters in MMOs either as there's often a roleplay component. For instance, you might want to build an Argonian nightblade that's reminiscent of a shadowscale then make a Breton nightblade that you want to model off of a mesmer from GW2 and create a weird backstory for. While it's possible to have 1 character with enough skills to accomplish the mechanical ends of both characters, you can't actually have a Breton shadowscale nor an Argonian with a Breton backstory.

There are whole YouTube channels devoted to making up Skyrim characters. I think this is a big enough part of TES games that it might be the main thing that some players gain enjoyment from, as opposed to questing or PvP or crafting, etc.
    Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭
    It's not like building characters in MMOs either as there's often a roleplay component.

Ouch.

I know we're a derided minority, but there are still some of us out there who remember what the RPG in MMORPG stands for.

• Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    Thought about buying 2nd copy of game have done that in the past but then be forced to have 2 monthly subs long term, have done that before as well.
  • ignatz22
    ignatz22
    I fail to see the problem; it's HIS game, if he wants to pay for more content, why not? He'll have to play many more hours to level up these additional characters, which means the developers will have more money and other players will have more interactions with a larger character base. You don't want more than 2? Ok, your game/your choice.
    As to buying content, Developers have families to feed, too, and at some point it's inevitable there will be cash sales to augment the existing game.
    Enjoy YOUR game experience, allow him his.

Thus Endeth the Rant. B)