Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive is disgustingly spoiling me: another post about things that should stop dropping.

Carcamongus
Carcamongus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
lkq8s2lakpln.jpg
Dear devs: I gathered the necessary parts to make the maligraphic skeever pet a long time ago, but the disgusting spoils kept dropping. Now I have enough for another pet and started collecting the pieces for a third. It's very annoying to see these useless things drop instead of items I actually need, such as parts for incomplete achievements, leads, style pages, etc. What am I supposed to do with these things now? They should be tradeable for archival fortunes or even just gold and, more importantly, should stop dropping once the player no longer needs them!

@ZOS_Kevin , can I get a second inky rat?
Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
"Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's ridiculous that this wasn't addressed in the IA update last quarter.

Agree that they should either stop dropping once the relevant achievement has been completed or at LEAST be sellable. It is extremely disrespectful toward players' time and effort.
  • cozmic72
    cozmic72
    ✭✭✭
    Was about to post the same things. I have all the collectibles and having these useless parts still drop is infuriating.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, and could we please make those bookfurnishings from IA sellable to merchants!?! Always get hundreds of those and have to destroy them one by one!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do those count toward an achievement if consumed on a different character, even if you can't get a second pet? I know some fragments in the game do work that way, but have no idea about these.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • cozmic72
    cozmic72
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Do those count toward an achievement if consumed on a different character, even if you can't get a second pet? I know some fragments in the game do work that way, but have no idea about these.

No they are completely useless. All they do is dilute an already huge drop pool.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I on the other hand would really like the skeever pet and in all the time time that IA has been active I've only gotten 6, in total. I keep getting the map ones.

Seriously, this should be fixed.
    PS5/NA
  • tgsprehe_ESO
    tgsprehe_ESO
    ✭✭
    Have you consumed the 25 for the pet? In my experience, consuming them and getting the achievement results in them not dropping. I've slowly been working my way through these rewards (mount, markings, pet) and have yet to get an one that was an 'extra' or unneeded.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You must be getting my drops, I have yet to complete anything in there.
    Khajiit Stamblade main
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP
    Dark Elf Magden
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Khajiit Stamina Arcanist

PS5 NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you consumed the 25 for the pet? In my experience, consuming them and getting the achievement results in them not dropping. I've slowly been working my way through these rewards (mount, markings, pet) and have yet to get an one that was an 'extra' or unneeded.

it definitely does not stop them dropping

i have all of the collectibles from the archive and still get the consumables for them as random drops

this has been an issue since the archive released last year and i even made a post about it like less than 3 weeks after the archive released (as i had already finished the skeever pet by then lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're fairly rare drops, which is probably why some fragments started being given as quest rewards for the daily Tho'at quest. But they keep dropping: I have one each of those map fragments and a few mount ichors. The funny (as in not funny at all) thing is that once you complete an achievement, you can no longer buy the parts for it from Filer Ool, but they keep dropping.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately (for the past few weeks) I've been noticing an apparent increase in certain types of nodes and drops, such as seeing a lot more Psijic Portals than I used to, a lot more Ancestral motif pages from treasure maps, and so on. It could just be normal unpredictable "feast or famine" RNG results, but I've been wondering if ZOS might have tweaked some of the RNG settings in response to player complaints, to help players get certain drops more easily.

If that happens to be the case, then perhaps those fragments are dropping more often than before? But since they're account bound and cannot be used to earn a related achievement on alternate characters, it would be nice if they stopped dropping once the achievement and the pet have been acquired.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭✭
    Nope my rng is still as bad as before no significant changes on drope rate for anything.
    Edited by tom6143346 on October 16, 2024 7:34AM
  • yNiriel
    yNiriel
    Soul Shriven

I Have the mount and the pet equipped.
    I don't have all the fragments for the body mark so idk why I keep getting mount and pet fragments
    It's ridiculous!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it's unfortunate that equipment repair kits did not drop

:#
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately (for the past few weeks) I've been noticing an apparent increase in certain types of nodes and drops, such as seeing a lot more Psijic Portals than I used to, a lot more Ancestral motif pages from treasure maps, and so on. It could just be normal unpredictable "feast or famine" RNG results, but I've been wondering if ZOS might have tweaked some of the RNG settings in response to player complaints, to help players get certain drops more easily.

If that happens to be the case, then perhaps those fragments are dropping more often than before? But since they're account bound and cannot be used to earn a related achievement on alternate characters, it would be nice if they stopped dropping once the achievement and the pet have been acquired.

the fragments are dropping about the same rate as they always have (there seem to be individual weights on them as the skeever parts are far more common than say the ichor)

but yes, they are bound, and once you finish the achievement become useless yet still continue dropping (and its been this way since the archive released)

i personally wouldnt mind if they continued dropping if they were changed in a few ways:
    1. allow the fragments to be sellable for fortunes (they could add a special vendor to handle this)
    2. remove the "bound" requirement so we could at least sell extras to other people
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they keep dropping. I have completed all 3 of those achievements (disgusting spoils and the two map pieces - forget the names) and they all still drop and are account bound. The achievements are all account wide so alts have no use for them.

Edit to add: I run the IA dailies each day.
    Edited by oldbobdude on October 17, 2024 2:16AM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More Psijic Portals ? It is because a lot of old players are no more playing, and new ones are not able to see psijic portals, because that ability requires time and effort to achieve. So you will find more psijic portals.
    More Ancestral motifs from treasure maps? Yes, they are more than in the past, but only those from basic zones, not those from DLC zones. People complained for the lack of leads from treasure maps, but in DLC zones !!! These are still too much rare. West Weald leads from treasure maps have the 0,1 % chance to drop...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »

No they keep dropping. I have completed all 3 of those achievements (disgusting spoils and the two map pieces - forget the names) and they all still drop and are account bound. The achievements are all account wide so alts have no use for them.

Edit to add: I run the IA dailies each day.

there are i believe 6 collectible achievements in total:
    1. disgusting spoils (skeever)
    2. maligraphic ichor (mount)
    3. erroneous maps (shattered mirror maze head marking)
    4. unreliable maps (shattered mirror maze body marking)
    5. 2 new drops for another set of head/body markings (i dont remember the names of them off hand and not in game to check right now)

the kind of annoying thing is they all have different drops, and they all continue dropping even after completion lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish the devs would at least acknowledge this issue and let us know whether they plan to do something about it or not. I'm keeping the repeat parts, which take precious inventory slots, because I just know the day I destroy them will also be the day ZOS announces they won't be bound anymore or will be sellable for gold or fortunes...
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the devs would at least acknowledge this issue and let us know whether they plan to do something about it or not. I'm keeping the repeat parts, which take precious inventory slots, because I just know the day I destroy them will also be the day ZOS announces they won't be bound anymore or will be sellable for gold or fortunes...

thats basically my plan, ill continue to save them up until zos makes a decision about them lol

if they change it so they stop dropping but keep them bound, ill delete them
    if they change it to be unbound and sellable, then ill sell them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've long since has all the achievements, stickerbook entirely filled for all 14 class sets, and definitely still getting fragments which is quite annoying. Maybe we can cash them in for avatar transform scrolls?

Course, I'm not sure what I'll ever spend 1 million archival fortunes on, either

l49z5dptyocb.png
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the Infinite Archive is accessible to everyone, regardless of the player owning Necrom or not, I can't see why the items/rewards can't be tradable.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Infinite Archive is accessible to everyone, regardless of the player owning Necrom or not, I can't see why the items/rewards can't be tradable.

the only reason i can see the stuff being bound is that they are trying to get people to play the content

if you didnt care about the class gear, and could just buy all of the collectibles, there would be far less reason for people to even step foot in there

that being said, if they do want to keep the items as being bound, then they absolutely should stop dropping once finishing the collectible achievement, or at least allow them to be be sold to vendors (for either gold or fortunes)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, wanted to follow up here about the disgusting spoils drops. Continuing to get the fragment drops after completing the achievement is not working as intended. We do have this fixed for the U44 patch on Oct. 28 (PC)/ Nov.12 (Console).
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, wanted to follow up here about the disgusting spoils drops. Continuing to get the fragment drops after completing the achievement is not working as intended. We do have this fixed for the U44 patch on Oct. 28 (PC)/ Nov.12 (Console).

thanks @ZOS_Kevin , glad to know its finally getting resolved in some way

once the patch goes through i guess i can finally delete all of those excess fragments lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should also plan a way to convert these items into other useful items or usable currency (gold or Fortunes). It is not fair that we have been getting these useless rewards for months and now we can only destroy them with nothing in return.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will we just get nothing at times we would have gotten a no-longer-needed collectible drop? Or will we get a style page or lead or some other special drop in their place?
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Will we just get nothing at times we would have gotten a no-longer-needed collectible drop? Or will we get a style page or lead or some other special drop in their place?

I spent a few days there without getting leads, style pages, book furnishings or noteworthy plans. Then I got another needless horse ichor. I won't go into the expletives uttered then, but this is just the sort of thing that makes me wonder if instead of needless fragments we'll get something else or just more nothingness.