Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

More downtime than uptime

droosk
droosk
✭✭
I have to say, if the early access was anything to go on, TESO is going to fall flat on its face tomorrow, and for the next few months. We had more downtime for problems than we had uptime. This really just felt like another Beta session, except we actually had fewer problems during the Betas.

Now, we have to wait another 24 hours as they "prepare for the launch of the game".

I've been looking forward to this game since 2012, but this process has been a fairly big disappointment so far. I REALLY hope services improve.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it hasn't been down more than it has up. I take it math is not your strong suit.
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭

no it was up way more then down.But understand if you have to get sleep while there up
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • Deronius
    Deronius
    Soul Shriven
    Elder Scrolls Offline
    Edited by Deronius on April 3, 2014 6:38PM
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The advertisement was quite deceptive. I feel particularly bad for the 3-day early access people. Seems they in reality, only got 1.5 day(s) of early access depending on where they live + life schedule.

This is pretty ridiculous.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on April 3, 2014 6:39PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha I dunno what you're crying about but you're completely wrong.
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    I laughed at the message popup when I logged in today that said welcome to the 3 day pre-order early access... when it goes live tomorrow...
  • Rach71
    Rach71
    It has been up every time I have tried to play. I take these are during the day outages when I am "working" wishing i could be home playing?
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Not that Im happy about the downtime today, given they were down 13+ hrs yesterday... but all in all network wise, this is one of the smoothest MMO launches I have been in. The two most recent I was in (Star Trek Online, Star Wars TOR) both had MASSIVE queues and LOADS of downtime for the first week to 2 weeks of launch.

We shall see what happens tomorrow....

Now what I do feel happened is the Devs focused so much on network stability ....game bugs suffered greatly. Bugged missions, bugged items, bugged stats that were in beta were still there this week. But I guess you cant have it both ways.

Give it a week..Im sure it will have its share of hiccups starting Apr 4th and for that week. But I bet they get them sorted.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Learn to math. It has not been more downtime than uptime, not by a long shot.
    2) This is one of the smoothest MMO launches ever.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 3, 2014 6:46PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭
    droosk wrote: »
    IWe had more downtime for problems than we had uptime.

To be fair the EU megerserver hasn't been down during PT for Western Europe since the start of EA.
    It just would have been nice to have had some notice about this "planned and expected" downtime and for it not to have been "planned" during PT.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    droosk wrote: »
    I have to say, if the early access was anything to go on, TESO is going to fall flat on its face tomorrow, and for the next few months.
    This is the most sensationalistic statement I've read yet. Get a grip for heavens sake. Downtime during this phase of an MMO launch is reasonable, expected and downright necessary when it provides ZoS with an opportunity to stop players finding ways of doing evil things that they shouldn't be doing. Making sure it can't happen in future is hardly grounds for whining as someone who'd benefit from it (namely yourself and myself).

Also, ANYONE who thinks that early access is obligatory is totally mistaken. Everything we've received so far is by the grace of Zenimax alone, not something we're owed. Keep that in mind.

• Soulpuppet
    Soulpuppet
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is no where near the "smoothest" launches ever, I don't know what game launches you've been in, but I can name a couple mmorpg's that had early access...that you actually had all the days to play.... I know a lot of you are fanboi's but come on, quit lying and saying this is smooth.
    Edited by Soulpuppet on April 3, 2014 7:01PM
  • TwoClips
    TwoClips
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm... Lets not fix major bugs and let them carry over to live version.
    The company identified major issues and reacted immediately to solve problems.
    Although discouraging; I would rather have server downtime during early access compared to an issue that would compound itself when game goes live.
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    up 3 days, down 2. close, though.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

Hasn't even been down 24 hours yet, let alone 48.
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »

Hasn't even been down 24 hours yet, let alone 48.

Guess you're on a magical mystery server.

• loops73
    loops73
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    The advertisement was quite deceptive. I feel particularly bad for the 3-day early access people. Seems they in reality, only got 1.5 day(s) of early access depending on where they live + life schedule.

This is pretty ridiculous.

exactly,i had 3 days access and really only got to play about 5 hours due to the downtime..i kinda feel ripped off.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

Roflcopter.gif
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • droosk
    droosk
    ✭✭
    Just want to say thanks to Zenimax for giving us a few extra days before the subscription time starts. Appreciated :)