Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What class for my imperial?

nickmain1999
nickmain1999
Soul Shriven
I'm gonna make an Imperial as my main character, and I can't decide what class to pick, any suggestions? I'd like to hear your opinions.

It seems clear to me that sorcerer isn't the way to go for imperial, as they aren't really leaned towards magic all that much, but the other three all seem like valid options.

Thanks in advance!
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Racials are not inherently gamebreaking at endgame. They are, to an extent, an indicator as to how to build your gear to compensate for any weaknesses your racials may have. However, every race can play every class. I suggest you read some 3rd party sites like http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline or http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/class-discussion/.

Hope these help and good luck with your choice :)
  • Souries
    Souries
    I chose Imperial because I wanted to play a sword and board Templar. I'm hoping to play something very Paladin or Knight like. Imperial gives me the exp boost for the one-handed and shield skill tree. The health boost passive doesn't hurt either. That's what I'm doin' with my Imperial anyway!
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion, since I'm doing this, DK since the Imperial has a sword and board racial skill.
    The Sidekick Order
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    Well what kind of guy do you want to make? As hirion said there is not one set way to go and really all 4 will work perfectly fine for an Imperial. Or better yet just go imperial choose a class and just start playing. It doesn't matter they all will work for you.
    The King is Here!
  • nickmain1999
    nickmain1999
    Soul Shriven
    I've been studying all the classes extensively and I just don't know which to pick. I'm leaning slightly towards Templar I think though, but DK also looks good, and I'm aware any race can play any class but I'm not looking for a heavy magic user like sorcerer, or Magic based Templar/DK, and NB looks better with dual-wield, I plan on going sword + board since it has the stat bonus in that.

So I'm thinking sword+board Knight type class, so either DK or Temp.
    Edited by nickmain1999 on April 3, 2014 6:41PM
  • Grimas
    Grimas
    I am playing a Imp DK tank with sword and board and then for the weapon swap I went 2H sword and DPS. You can really mix and match in this game. And at lvl 50 you will have every skill and every thing already anyways so you can mix it up.
    Grimas - Imperial DK Tank - DC
  • Webbwulf
    Webbwulf
    Soul Shriven
    Templar is the way to go there are passive's that increase your block and the fact that you can't attack for 13 yards in front of to u and hit everything. And be healed for it makes it very survivable .also you can heal yourself and allies while blocking have one stamina and one skill from each magic tree. I have a nord using this I I don't die unless I'm distracted pve.
  • Webbwulf
    Webbwulf
    Soul Shriven
    Can*
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did Imperial dragonknight.. My next one will be imperial Templar though. Both would be for tank characters
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Xmaster
    Xmaster
    Soul Shriven
    I'm gonna make an Imperial as my main character, and I can't decide what class to pick, any suggestions? I'd like to hear your opinions.

It seems clear to me that sorcerer isn't the way to go for imperial, as they aren't really leaned towards magic all that much, but the other three all seem like valid options.

Thanks in advance!

Wow why is this still open you got your answer and made a DK and it's 2017 yet this is still open lol but just my comment won't be flagged as inappropriate I'll give some input these guys are correct when they say imperial is good for DK or Templar.
    Templar has blocking bonuses, Though I play as a imperial DK Vampire and its been good so far the skills compensate so I can heal and do dmg and get armor buffs because trust me as a camp fire kicks your butt as soon I got to coldhabor in endgame I was accidentally aggroing enemies with fire based attacks and it was a tough fight. But without vampire you have a lot better chance.
    Edited by Xmaster on March 27, 2017 3:04PM