The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Servers offline again!

wlindop68b16_ESO
Thanks very much Zenimax for taking your servers offline for practically the whole evening for the huge expanse known as europe! Just downloaded a huge update to the game (after it went offline last night!) and now cant play in the latter hours of this so called 'early access'. What a waste of a pre-order! In the post-launch game there had better be scheduled maintenance slots with adequate prior notification, not this hurried flashing on-screen message 15 minute warning with no clue given as to when the game will be back up!! Hope things improve for launch proper.
Edited by wlindop68b16_ESO on April 4, 2014 8:12AM
  • Vizeroh
    Vizeroh
    ✭✭
    Settle down buddy. They took the servers offline for ''official launch'', now granted, I don't got a clue why they'd do this, but they are. So, eh.
    Venatus - Officer
    RIP RAGE
  • Bastos
    Bastos
    Soul Shriven
    European players got screwed with the early access. They only looked at there american clock and not ours.
  • m3usv0x
    m3usv0x
    Their*
    Bastos wrote: »
    European players got screwed with the early access. They only looked at there american clock and not ours.

• Vocley
    Vocley
    I agree, what a waste of a money for "early access", since when maintenance and patching up is done in the evenings ? Instead of a late night time. Peak hours. People come back from work/school eat dinner switch a game to find out that servers are down second day in a row!
  • Erlqueen
    Erlqueen
    I'm hanging around the forums, feeling like a EOS wannabe because I'm still waiting for an answer to a simple tech question I sent on Sunday, to allow me to play on my laptop.

To discover the servers are down again? Somehow that fact is not a comfort. I'm far from a newbie at this type of game but I've never experienced anything as bad as this "supposed" launch. COME BUY ME! Get early access. Pfft! I wish...

Official release tomorrow makes me think I'm never going to be able to get online with this again. Will have to live with sweet memories from a few grabbed hours last Sunday ><
  • dedalius
    dedalius
    Vocley wrote: »
    I agree, what a waste of a money for "early access", since when maintenance and patching up is done in the evenings ? Instead of a late night time. Peak hours. People come back from work/school eat dinner switch a game to find out that servers are down second day in a row!

Exactly my feelings on this matter.

• Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine that once the EU Server is migrated to EU the maintenance times might possibly be adjusted to suit EU time zones more appropriately. Unless they do maintenance remotely which I doubt.
  • Wylander
    Wylander
    ✭✭
    Yeah but this dosn't change the fact that EU Players waste lot of money for a non playable EA !
    The EA was more offline then online for the most people here and i can't belive that there is no statement from ZM at this point to this.
    In result, we've paid for a beta! And not a final release ready game.
    So much stress tests in the past are gone but server is still lagging. The same quests are bugged like 4 weeks before. Fatal Game Crashes without any reason. And the phasing is bugged god i won't complain about it.
    Sry but i had the best wishes for this game i realy hope they got the server mitigrated to the EU asap otherwise i guess in 31 days the servers gets noticable empty.