Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[XBox NA] Lucent Citadel: Arcane Knot No Longer Requires 6 Players to Synergize

zsquared8080
zsquared8080
✭✭
My guild ran into this issue twice during our trial runs on Saturday, once on normal, and once on vet.

Immediately after defeating the Orphic Shattered Shard, the Arcane Knot auto-tethers to the nearest player (as if they picked it up, even though they didn't). Despite not having 6 players synergizing on the light platforms, the group was pulled out of the room -- often before the group had a chance to loot the chest. After wiping, it happened a second time -- again, without 6 players synergizing on the light platforms. Two wipes later, we were able to loot the chest, and take a breath, before beginning the knot run.

Since I was running a normal training trial, I originally chalked this up to newbies not knowing what was going on. But hearing that our vet prog group had the same issue -- including advancing without the 6 additional players synergizing -- makes me think this is a bug.
Edited by zsquared8080 on October 3, 2024 3:57PM
  • baconaura
    baconaura
    ✭✭✭
    it think it doesnt need others to synergize anymore, maybe someone was trolling or jumping by mistake. Its easy to press A on controller by mistake and pick it up by mistake. i dont know why its an interact action. they should make it a synergize so people cant pick it up by mistake by jumping around.

• zsquared8080
    zsquared8080
    ✭✭
    If that's the case, I'd still question whether not needing others to synergize is intended, or a bug.

After that boss fight, you're looting corpses and a chest. Lots of things to press A on. It seems suboptimal to have something else in the room to push A on that auto-advances everyone to the next phase of the trial.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least on PC from what ive seen, it requires 1 player to interact with the knot in the middle, and 6 others to synergize with the spots of light on the ring around it in order for the player to actually pick it up

so if people are picking it up without 6 players synergizing, it would definitely be a bug

from the PC side i dont think ive seen this bug happen, always required people to synergize with the lights after someone interacts with the knot in order to start the "run" portion
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the recent patch, it does not require anyone else to synergize with the knot to pick it up.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • baconaura
    baconaura
    ✭✭✭
    ive picked up orb by mistake before trying to loot a dead add in there. so if people havent looted chest, its RIP unless they wipe it.

other bugs is if your like dead and res once they go to the run part, your stuck in that room lol.
  • zsquared8080
    zsquared8080
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Since the recent patch, it does not require anyone else to synergize with the knot to pick it up.

I can buy that we just had a string of accidental pickups, and the real issue is that the synergizing is no longer required. But again: Removing the 6 synergies is not listed anywhere in the XBox Patch Notes that I can find. Was it intended? It seems like this thread has a few examples where removing it is pushing teams to the run phase before they intend, which seems to be the entire point of having the 6 synergy lights. Also -- the lights are still there, and you can still synergize on them. I'd think if they meant to take out the synergy, they'd just remove the lights, right?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can buy that we just had a string of accidental pickups, and the real issue is that the synergizing is no longer required. But again: Removing the 6 synergies is not listed anywhere in the XBox Patch Notes that I can find. Was it intended? It seems like this thread has a few examples where removing it is pushing teams to the run phase before they intend, which seems to be the entire point of having the 6 synergy lights. Also -- the lights are still there, and you can still synergize on them. I'd think if they meant to take out the synergy, they'd just remove the lights, right?

it wasnt in the patch notes for PC either, pretty sure the lights are still needed and if someone is able to pick it up without that then it would be a bug

im pretty sure the synergy requirement is actually there to prevent accidental pickups lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Nilandia
    Nilandia
    ✭✭✭

it wasnt in the patch notes for PC either, pretty sure the lights are still needed and if someone is able to pick it up without that then it would be a bug

im pretty sure the synergy requirement is actually there to prevent accidental pickups lol
    It is no longer required to synergize on PC. We tested it on a recent run.
  • zsquared8080
    zsquared8080
    ✭✭
    Given the replies, I'm editing the subject of this thread to reflect that 6 players synergizing is no longer required to pick up the arcane knot. As I and others have previously said, this change doesn't seem intentional or well reasoned, so I do think there's a bug to investigate.