Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Appearance Modification?

SuperScrubby
SuperScrubby
✭✭✭
I'm not entirely sure where this belongs since the forums are, you know...awesome. So I posted it here.

So one thing that I noticed with the new patch was that you are now able to zoom in on character creation. Which means you can actually tweak what your character looks like.

I'm not sure if this affected everyone who partook in the 5 day early launch, but I know it affected me. It was the lack of ability to zoom that was recently patched on character creation. For some people it didn't matter since they made a character as fast as they could to secure the name they wanted. But for those of us that actually did want to customize our character and weren't playing on a 27"+ monitor/TV it was pretty hard to see what my character looked like.

Now that's been fixed is there any indication that the devs are going to allow those of us that weren't really given adequate tools to create the actual character we want with an adjustment? I mean yes most of the time my character will have some sort of armor or helmet, but I would still like to be able to tweak my character the way I want him to look now that I can actually zoom in.
Edited by SuperScrubby on April 3, 2014 6:13PM
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    At some point in the cash shop maybe.
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    It'll most likely be a cash shop option. Your argument does have merit though. I suffered the same problem and am not very happy with my characters overall appearance, mostly that in the small features of her face that were hard to see at the time. Once there's an option for appearance changes, I'm going to email the support and express pretty much what you said and see if they'll be kind enough to grant me 1 free appearance change.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that would be nice, later on as a cash shop item isn't a big deal. But for now I just have a generic looking guy. Doesn't kill me to look at him, but it's definitely not how I envisioned him to look.
  • Grimas
    Grimas
    I know in LOTRO in the bigger cities you could go to the "Barber" and change you appearence there for gold depending on what you wanted done. Maybe they might do that
    Grimas - Imperial DK Tank - DC
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ability to zoom in on character creation has always been available but unfortunately it sometimes became bugged as I'd experienced myself but not for launch, thankfully.

I'm pretty sure CC will become a game feature in future but not for quite a while I'd imagine.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    While it's been "available", it wasn't until recently that they actually fixed the bug that didn't allow you to do it in character creation. So for those of us that were affected before the patch it forced us into guessing what our characters looked like due to how far zoomed out it was.

I don't mind it being in CC later on to allow players to continue to adjust the appearance of their characters. But the issue is more along the lines that I want my character to look a certain way and wasn't able to achieve that due to the zoom in bug.